Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was on my way back from getting a can of Copenhagen and this guy pulls next to me in a yellow Ferrari . . . I think it was a 360, but I'm not sure. Anyway, we get to the next light and I stop . . . he is coasting up to get a running start. The light turns green and he guns it . . . so I let loose. I ran past him like he was parked . . lol.

Just so everyone knows . . . this was a wide, well lit street with no traffic and I let off the gas at about 60mph . . . so . . it wasn't much of a "race"

Safety first, folks. I'm saving the real stuff for tomorrow night at the track. :eyepoppin

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Just how much hp are you making with that blower that you ran past a 360 Modena like he was standing still??

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm thinking he must have blown a shift . . . because he should have been able to keep up. Then again, we only went up to about 60 . . . he probably would have run away if we got any faster. Also not sure it was a 360 . . . it was a Ferrari, but I don't know the models that well.

As far as my RWHP . . . I'm putting down only 240 at the wheels and 271 torque on my shop's Mustang Dyno. Those numbers would be higher on a Dynojet. If you want to see a LONG discussion on dyno numbers and comparisons . .. look at my post in the 5.0 lounge "SOOOOOOOOO close to the magic 13s and 100mph"

But . . most races are won by better driving as opposed to faster cars . . .I don't think this guy knew how to drive . . lol

·
Registered
158 Posts
That ferrari must have thought you were kidding, didn't want to race, or had a bad driver. There is no way 240 rwhp would fly by a ferrari in a legit race. I'm sorry, I really love mustangs, but that is just unreasonable.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Yeah he probably wasn't racing. Just cuz he steps on the gas kinda hard, doesn't mean he's racing you. Unless you have some beeps, rev's, or sometihng indicating he is gunna race you, you have no clue that he is really gunning it or or maybe he just likes doing bunny starts.

But I still like the thought of a mustang beating a ferrari...

·
Banned
4,476 Posts
lthompson05 said:
That ferrari must have thought you were kidding, didn't want to race, or had a bad driver. There is no way 240 rwhp would fly by a ferrari in a legit race. I'm sorry, I really love mustangs, but that is just unreasonable.
that is just how I beat a Lotus yesterday. HE WASNT RACING!!! Do you really think someones in a $250,000 car would race a Mustang?

·
Registered
108 Posts
Just as a note, I've seen a newer Ferrari run 15's. It was up at Rocky Mountain Raceway in Utah. An older dude and he just took forever to shift it, and just not a very good driver at all. He had a helmet and everything, everyone was in big anticipation, and got let way down after he ran!

Chris

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
He was racing . . . believe me. He just wasn't very good at it. He was starting to gain ground when we both got out of the throttle.

As far as people not racing $250,000 cars goes . . . you should spend some time here in Scottsdale. People race 6 figure price tag cars all the time.

Like I said, I know he would have beat me if we had kept going. But, we got out of our throttles before it got dangerous. I merely got the jump on him off the line.

All that being said . . . I'm not going to post any more kill stories. Don't need to spend time defending my car and my driving. I'll just keep it to myself.

Thanks, guys.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
People that can't drive 6 figure cars should get them taken away. All money, no skillz.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
lol . . . I agree. If you have a supercar, you should know how to drive it. And if you DON'T know how to drive it . . you should give it to ME!!!:tongue

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Just to give you an idea of the type of numbers that a possible 360 Modena is making,

HP: 400

Torque: 275

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Like I said, I'm not sure what kind it was. Looking at pics on the net, it might have been a 345.

Yes . . .he SHOULD HAVE blown my doors off. But he didn't.

I'm NOT saying that my Mustang is faster than a 360 (yet). ALL I AM SAYING is that on this particular night, with this particular driver, I got the kill . . . nothing more nothing less.

Geesh . . . if we are only going to post kill stories about cars we SHOULD beat . . . we need to change the name to "Member Shooting Fish In Barrels Stories" or . . "Volkswagen Jetta Kill Stories" or . . . "Members Beating Slow Ricer Stories"

·
Registered
2,139 Posts
Eeeeeasy there truuble, I was just posting the numbers of the car, I didnt mean anything by it. :winks

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
lol . . its cool.

BTW . . . I beat a kid on a bicycle on my way to work . . . wasn't even CLOSE!!!! :winks

·
Registered
482 Posts
TEACH ME OL GRAND MASTER! I find the ones with the pegs are the bikes you really gotta watch out for. But did you have a running start!?? ;)

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I was very fortunate. The kid got one of his pant legs caught in his training wheels and blew his launch. So, I had about 2 bike lengths on him at the start. Once he got untangled, he started to pick up a lot of speed. He sure wasn't having any traction problems with those 8 inch knobbies. Once I hit second gear, I really started to pull away, though. I had to make sure to keep on the throttle, even though I was doing well over 15 mph!!! Scared the HELL outta me.

Anyway, we pulled up to the next mailbox and the kid was PISSED. He said he wanted a rematch and that he was going to take the playing cards out of his spokes. That scared me because I figured he would beat me without the added drag of the cards. Although, I had found the sound to be very distracting in the first race.

I was late for my knitting and crochet class, though. So, I couldn't take him up on the rematch. I probably got lucky.:cool:

·
Registered
244 Posts
:evilchuck :evilchuck :evilchuck
anyone else thinking of the South Park episode where Cartman enters the special olympics and still loses...

My little brother wanted to race me in his 90 Integra RS, so I raced him from 3rd gear with a standing start, bad for my tranny, but he felt good thinking he beat me.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
lmao:laughlitt :laughlitt :laughlitt :laughlitt :laughlitt :laughlitt

·
Registered
154 Posts
I'm in Scottsdale too, What shop do you go to? Were you up north with the Ferrari? I see them all the time where I work on Raintree/Hayden.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.