Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got a 5.o ho engine ands i want to either supercharge it or blow it with out rebuilding it and im also not clear a blower is soi can some1 explan it to me wat does i know wat a supercharger do . I mindaswell ask this question wat all do i need to make the supercharger and or the blower install right into my 5.0l 302 engine

·
Registered
115 Posts
I saw there was no response yet so I thought I would give it a crack...I've seen around this board that as long as you don't boost your engine above 5-10psi you should be ok, depending on how well your engine is running with 160+k miles on it...I am looking into getting the entry level paxton or vortech...they both make around that psi I was talking about...Most likely when you instal your supercharger you will have to back the timing off a bit, or use a higher octane, or both maybe to keep it from detonating...Detonation is what will make your engine really suffer under boost...You can buy either of these supercharger kits (They are complete) for under 2000.00...Anyway that is my .02...other people on this board are much more knowledgable then me i'm sure so keep asking as advice I have received here is never wrong...Usually ghostdog helps me with tech, and noslow5.0 helps with supercharging questions...they seem like they know what they are talking about :eyepoppin

Good luck and please anyone correct me if I mis-stated something...

JSK

·
Registered
284 Posts
Well depending on the miles is my big concern. That is a few miles to be putting on a supercharger. Did you put all of the miles on it? Have you kept up with all of your maint.
That would be the big factor on this deal.
I would do it if I had put almost all of the miles on it and had done all of the maint and have no problems with the motor now including no oil leaks.
If you have not then you maybe asking for trouble very soon after installing the blower.
If you were going to put the blower on yourself than I would personally rebuild the lower end saving the cost of the money of having someone else do the work. and have the heads redone aswell. I hope this helps you with your choice.

Good luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.