Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any way rain water can reach my footwell on the driver's side by the cowl at the base of the windshield? With all this rain we've been having lately, I noticed today that the rug was soaked and I cannot figure out where it is coming from. It has been parked all week since I use a company truck for work. I have a new top on the car and all the seals are like new. Is there a water drain in there that could plug up with crap and make water overflow somewhere?

·
Registered
613 Posts
welcome to my world.....my probe just started doing the same thing. I checked the cowl, the inlet for fresh air, the hose entries in fire wall, and everything looks good and tight, but a night of heavy rain and the floor boards flooded. There should be a rubber gromlet thing where the hood attaches to the car or below the cowl, see if they are open and free of debris. do not throw it away, just clean it out if you have them. see if that helps.

·
Registered
41 Posts
welcome to my world.....my probe just started doing the same thing. I checked the cowl, the inlet for fresh air, the hose entries in fire wall, and everything looks good and tight, but a night of heavy rain and the floor boards flooded. There should be a rubber gromlet thing where the hood attaches to the car or below the cowl, see if they are open and free of debris. do not throw it away, just clean it out if you have them. see if that helps.
is yours also a convertible? there are drains in the rocker panel in front of the rear tire. there is a gap in the seam that lets water out that can get cloged.water will over flow under the carpet. i have a auto upholstery shop , if you would like PM me i will give you my shop number . i will tell you where to look for other things it could be. it is hard to describe the other areas on a convertible like this .

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is yours also a convertible? there are drains in the rocker panel in front of the rear tire. there is a gap in the seam that lets water out that can get cloged.water will over flow under the carpet. i have a auto upholstery shop , if you would like PM me i will give you my shop number . i will tell you where to look for other things it could be. it is hard to describe the other areas on a convertible like this .

THANX for the replies...I have an early Lions Club Meeting I have to attend to this morning and I'll give you a PM when I return. Supposedly rain again today GEEEESH!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts