Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, last week after running my 2005 v6 mustang i parked it and I saw after 2min a huge leak under the car it was the anti-freezing. the anti-freez tank was empty. So I put back water and then the engin was no way getting overheat but I was lossing water (still leaking) by the reservoir cap (there was water going out by the cap like pressure) wtf...and now this week I got a code p0300 randow misfire... but the car has no leak under now the water is disapearing but i dont know where.. thanks for help!

·
Registered
883 Posts
Hey, last week after running my 2005 v6 mustang i parked it and I saw after 2min a huge leak under the car it was the anti-freezing. the anti-freez tank was empty. So I put back water and then the engin was no way getting overheat but I was lossing water (still leaking) by the reservoir cap (there was water going out by the cap like pressure) wtf...and now this week I got a code p0300 randow misfire... but the car has no leak under now the water is disapearing but i dont know where.. thanks for help!
Check your lower thermostat housing for cracks, fairly common.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
and in the worst could that be the headgasket

·
Registered
11,864 Posts
and in the worst could that be the headgasket
if you ran it too hot, it doesnt take very long at all, to blow out a headgasket, and or worse to crack a head or worse. at least one person had a leak at the frt cover, might have been at the water pump, check your dipstick for coolant in the oil, and your radiator for oil in the coolant.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
if you ran it too hot, it doesnt take very long at all, to blow out a headgasket, and or worse to crack a head or worse. at least one person had a leak at the frt cover, might have been at the water pump, check your dipstick for coolant in the oil, and your radiator for oil in the coolant.
how to know if there is water in oil? i checked and it look like more liquid than oily like before... what if i get some water in oil :S (and the temp has never go up more than where the neddle always go in the middle)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts