Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I'm 18 and are currently restoring a 93 Reef Blue notch. I bought a new water pump but threw the pulley bolts away with the old water pump. I was wondering if anybody could tell me the size of the bolts so I can get them or if anyone knows anyother ways that I can hold the clutch fan and the pulley on the water pump without those bolts. Thanks Timmy

·
Registered
5,170 Posts
takethe pump to the hardware store or autoparts store and try to match the threads to a bolt or hell try summit or jegs

·
Registered
46,020 Posts
You mean the 4 bolts for the fan, not the water pump to the block? They're fine thread bolts that have a 1/2 inch head, and were about an inch long. Take the pump to the hardware store and use it to get the right thread pitch.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Here's the Exact Size of the Fan Bolts

The bolts are 8mm diameter, threads are 1.00mm and the shank of the bolt is 2.25cm long. You have to use these bolts with lock washers, so get four that fit the bolts. They definitely need to be Grade 8 - do not skimp. Not worth the pennies you save.

:waveyJust some advice from an old Mustang lover:
Don't ever throw bolts and nuts away. You never know when they'll come in handy for something else. For years, I collected left over and replaced hardware in old coffee and fruit cake cans and would pour them on a table to search for what I needed. About 15 years ago, I bought 2 of those cabinets with the little clear plastic drawers, so that I could sort my spare hardware. Now I have 4 of those cabinets hanging on the wall over one of my work benches and I only have to go the the hardware store once in a while. Don't re-use critical bolts and nuts, though. Basically, anything you are supposed to torque above 20ft-lbs for installation on the car.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I just ran into the same problem, the bolt size you just gave, is that for the fan/clutch assembly or the installing the pulley to the water pump. I need the pulley to water pump bolts. thanks

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yes, they're the 4 bolts that mount the flange of the fan to the flange of the water pump. In between is the pulley for the water pump.:bigthumbsup

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.