Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey I'm having trouble having my new water pump sealing. Its an rx7 with a 302 swap. Heads are from an 86 grand marquis and the block is from an explorer. I'm trying to install this new ford racing pump I got for dirt cheap new. I can't get it to stop leaking. Its leaking from the bottom of the pump. I think its leaking from the general region of where those two bolts hold on the cover for the back of the pump. Its a vbelt setup clockwise rotation. Its also a bit different from the original pump as it doesn't have a spot to mount the powersteering pump. Here is a link to the ford racing pump I have.
Ford Racing M-8501-G351 - Ford Racing Mechanical Water Pumps - Overview - SummitRacing.com
And here is a picture of the setup with the old pump

·
Registered
154 Posts
What direction did you go to seal the pump? Gasket or gasket maker? If you just used the gasket, you might have a warped timing cover. you'll need to take the water pump off, get a new gasket and get some silicone and put a light coat front and back of gasket around the water passages and mating surfaces and re-mount the pump. Make sure you use the right gasket that matches the pump.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.