Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried the vinegar thing..and it's not working but I don't think I'm doing it right. Any other suggestions? I wanted to get it detailed somewhere because I'm too scared to do it myself. This detailing place told me it would be $179 to remove the water spots and wax the car...but I rather try to clean the spots myself. Are they ever going to come off?? I'm paranoid my car will be ruined if I try to do it myself. Please help. It's driving me crazy. :eyebulge:

·
Registered
353 Posts
Have you tried the Mr. Clean system?

Or, are your spots baked in?

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They're baked in...:sterb:

·
Registered
353 Posts
Your car isn't even a year old, is it? What does the dealer say?

Sounds like a job for a clay bar.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Can you feel and see pits where the water spots were? If yes then you are going to either need to get it done professionally or you need to buy a orbital buffer, a cutting pad and a product like Meguiars DACP (Dual Action Cleaner and Polish). The clear coat actually needs to be "cut" down so that it is all even. Sounds bad but it really isnt if you know what you are doin.....

·
Registered
364 Posts
Before going and spending big money on detailing or a buffer, go get a tube of Meguire's "Scratch-X" and try it on the spots -- I used it to take the water spots off my car last summer. It worked great. Use a nice clean, brand new terry cloth. Water spots shouldn't take much effort to remove.

Afterwards just hit the area with some normal car wax.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.