Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1973 Mustang 351C C6
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So where exactly is my oil sender and whatever reads the water temp? I want to install aftermarket gauges but don't know where to hook them up at. If I'm correct, the electric oil sender is on the back of the block behind the intake ('73 351C) but is there another mechanical one? If I hook up an electrical gauge do I even care bout the mechanical sender? Where would the water temp hook up? As y'all have before...please HELP.

·
Registered
152 Posts
what year is your car? I know on my 1987 my oil pressure sending unit is right near the oil filter i think it looks like the tip of a rounded bullet I think.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Like 87Mustang said, your oil pressure should come from a port just in front of your oil filter. As for water temp, you should have a port on your intake just behind your thermostat housing. You can use any port that goes into the water jacket but just behind the thermostat is best to get a reading of the water temp as it comes out of the block (the temp of the water after it has pulled heat from your block). This also lets you see on your gauge exactly when your thermostat is opening (or let you know if it's not).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.