Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Title says it all - i want to do some before i mod the car.
Would appreciate pointers from track vets.
Also, anyone runany other tracks in NY, PA, NJ, MA, Ontario, etc?
Thanx for any help!

·
Registered
1,439 Posts
I did track day in my 1990 BMW M3 around 92 at the Glen. really beautiful area what with the finger lakes and resort community around there. I clearly remember a wall that runs on the left hand out side and thinking I really can't afford to let the car slid up into that wall. The rest of the track didn't bother me but that long right hand sweeper and that wall all along the my left side made me nervous. Nice spacey garages and decent weather so all in all I had a good time.

·
Registered
766 Posts
My favorite track, fast, smooth and challanging. You will love it. Bring your girlfriend, wife or both.....Nice area. wineries, and a nice state park for hiking if thats your thing.

I changed my rear gear ratio so I could go a bit faster on this track. The 3:55s at 6k did 128. The 3:31s 139. I dont exceed 6k with my car because I believe rpm is the main reason why the rods are comming apart.

Make sure your brake pads are race quality and change your fluid before you do a track day there. Cooling ducts would not hurt either. If you dont have this stuff just start braking earlier so you dont generate too much heat.

Other tracks are Pocono, Nelson Ledges, Beaver Run, Mid Ohio, Lime Rock, Summit Point. Just depends on how far you want to go. 4 to 5 hours is my limit. Have fun... :yelpleased:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My favorite track, fast, smooth and challanging. You will love it. Bring your girlfriend, wife or both.....Nice area. wineries, and a nice state park for hiking if thats your thing.

I changed my rear gear ratio so I could go a bit faster on this track. The 3:55s at 6k did 128. The 3:31s 139. I dont exceed 6k with my car because I believe rpm is the main reason why the rods are comming apart.

Make sure your brake pads are race quality and change your fluid before you do a track day there. Cooling ducts would not hurt either. If you dont have this stuff just start braking earlier so you dont generate too much heat.

Other tracks are Pocono, Nelson Ledges, Beaver Run, Mid Ohio, Lime Rock, Summit Point. Just depends on how far you want to go. 4 to 5 hours is my limit. Have fun... :yelpleased:
Thanks!! I live between Syracuse and the Glen (Auburn), so it's only 45 mins away.
Brakes are a good heads up - wouldn't want to forget, as i get brake fade and heat issues on the back roads....
All the other places sound great. there's also Shannonville in Ontario, which is a great bike track, but this is my first car outing.
Please let me know if you hit one between us - be good to go with a veteran!
Thanks again...... Anyone else?

·
Banned
1,784 Posts
i have family that used to run at limerock. my uncle used to have a 97 mustang that he used to race and my cousin had a 99 corvette that he used to race. its a great track and a great place to bring the family for the day. as soon as my 87 is done, thats where ill be racing....

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i have family that used to run at limerock. my uncle used to have a 97 mustang that he used to race and my cousin had a 99 corvette that he used to race. its a great track and a great place to bring the family for the day. as soon as my 87 is done, thats where ill be racing....
Forgot about Limerock - it's now on the list! Thanks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.