Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got an 86 5.0l and when I go about 60ty on the freeway and i let off the gas the whole mostly the rear car starts to vaibrate hella bad when i go faster it vaibrate even harder and when i put it in to high gear it valibrate from the gear1-3 it don't do it but when i go to 4 or 5 thats when it start could any one tell me wat it could be

·
Registered
5,936 Posts
Possibly a bad u joint or the exhaust could be hitting a tire . or a bad rim or unbalanced tire .

·
Registered
53 Posts
I am having the same problem with my 91 and the u-joints are coming out Saturday, hopefully that'll do it

·
Registered
20 Posts
the flange could be off balance, or mine was missing 2 cylinders, so it wanted to die in 5th gear, seemed just like your prob

btw in my 86 capri 5.0

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah But Mine Still Run In 5th It Jus Make The Whole Care Shake Wen It Happens And How Much Were The Cylinders That Ur Geting

·
Registered
14 Posts
Check your tire balance.. IT would get worse at high speeds.. Had the same problem with my fronts.. Cheap first possibility.

·
Registered
10 Posts
sounds like the same thing that happend to a truck of mine. turned out that the driveshaft was coming loose. check your wheel bearings also, there is still a chance that you could have a problem there!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.