Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dropped my mod motor idea for lack of money and metal working ability. Ready through a recent M&F about 351's stroked, so I got a 408 clevor idea. I have been looking at the new Ed cleveland heads but came across a company called AFD who makes Aussie heads. Anybody heard of them?

·
Registered
682 Posts
Nope...CHI is an Aussie company, as is Blue Thunder IIRC. Both have C stuff and both are great, but I've never heard of AFD. I saw a comparison of stock 4V heads to E'brocks, and the E'brocks lost, BAD. I'm not really impressed by their 420hp out of a 377C either...you can get that out of a 351C with stock heads if you're careful. I think they tried for the best of both worlds and ended up with a POS.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmmm, why did they lose? I thought the ED's were basically a copy of aussie heads, a cross between 2v and 4v. Today I have been leaning towards they 427 stroker idea. who knows in 5 months my idea's might cange again. 427 in a stang is just a badass idea.

·
Registered
360 Posts
The "Clevor" used to be popular because of the lack of good breathing heads(without MAJOR port work) to build a strong Windsor. Since the popularity of the 5.0L in the Mustang, there is no shortage of Windsor heads that can flow as much as the Cleveland style head. It would make for a fairly unique engine, but if you are going to drive it alot, unique is not always a good thing. There are many magazine articles on building large cube 351W based engines with various aftermarket aluminum heads that made(make) a TON of power.
JMHO, whether good or not is up to you!!:)

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
unique is the main reason I want it. I will never throw a 5.0 into a classic. Done WAY too much, the mod idea was starting to be done the same way. If I can't have a SOHC 427, I'm going with a 427 that I can have that hasn't been done to hell and back.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Well, then I say go for it!!!! It would certainly be a high winder. I just re read the Cleveland head article, I thought the heads performed very well. Sure more power could be made, but that is always true!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.