Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any experiences or heard of anything bad with the Weapon-R Secret Weapon Intake and Weapon-R Ram Air Kit? I found them online and it looked like a good setup but did not hear any positive or negative feedback on them. Any opinion would help.

Austin

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Post up some links of where you found 'em, I can't seem to find them... :hihi:

I mean for the Mustang specifically.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Yeah a link would be great.

But from what I heard and understand, a ram-air system is really not worth the money. You'll get pretty much the same results with a CAI and a good tune.

·
Registered
750 Posts
Oh it is not a ram-air. Well I don't know anything about them so can't say.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
looks like a load of crap. dont waste the money, but if you do let us know how it goes. id say stick to JLT, C&L, Demolet and systems like that. that looks like they took it straight out of one of those super duper fast vtecs!

·
Registered
2,739 Posts
Lol... Just to finish this idea off...

They say HUGE GAINS OF 6-8 HP! And all cars they showed results on were rice-mobiles. Like Scion (even though I think the TC is a nice car) :gringreen

That's not much for a CAI. Agreed with Burnrubber... A C&L or JLT with a tuner for around $600 (plus or minus $50, depending) will get you around a 20-30 HP increase. Much better! :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
750 Posts
6-8HP ??? You'll get more out of a K&N drop in filter....cheaper too. Stick with C&L or JLT really.

BTW +1 on the tC

·
Registered
750 Posts
I can vouch for the JLT. But C&L is also a popular choice here.

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
ya, my JLT works just fine with my race tune. best bang for my buck so far except the waste of money on the sct livewire tuner. stay away from those.

·
Registered
6 Posts
weapon R is a reputable company for tunners and imports from what i have understood, i personally wouldnt go with them because again they specialize on imports no domestics

G

·
Weapon-R Secret Weapon Air Intake Systems
How it works cut away illustration:
(1) High Density Foam Filter
(2) Turbo Velocity Stack
(3) Primary Airflow
(4)
Secondary Airflow
(5) Air Fusion
(6) Hook Up for Optional Ram Air Hose
Air Fusion? Now that sounds cool for a cold air intake, especially with the primary and secondary airflow!

Did i mention it has a Turbo Velocity Stack! sounds like...
YouTube - Powerthirst

·
Registered
12,609 Posts
I suggest staying away. Stick with JLT, you won't be sorry:bigthumbsup

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.