Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 200 ci and did the conversion to the 2 barrel weber carb. Has anyone done this on a 65 coupe. What type linkage did you use? I still have the original gas pedal and rod that bolts to the firewall but need to know what can I use from that to the carb. Thanks

·
Registered
4,774 Posts
Although I have not seen this for a few decades on a mustang, it was not uncommon to use a bell-crank to connect everything

Reactions: crjackson

·
Registered
110 Posts
lilbull, let me know if you would like me to post pictures later this evening when I get back home. I currently am running this setup in a 66 Coupe.

·
Registered
155 Posts
ssg66stang, FWIW, I'd like to see your setup, as I have plans in the works for a Weber carb setup on my '65.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Johnwaz3661,

Attached are a few pictures from when the modification was originally completed. Let me know if you want a different view. Hope this helps.

Attachments

·
Registered
155 Posts
Thanks for the pics, those are very helpful. Did you do any other engine mods other than the Weber carb and the headers? (Sorry for the slight thread hijack lilbull, I'm just gathering info too)...

·
Registered
110 Posts
Thanks for the pics, those are very helpful. Did you do any other engine mods other than the Weber carb and the headers? (Sorry for the slight thread hijack lilbull, I'm just gathering info too)...
It’s a 250 head on a 200 block that has been milled, valve job, CR 10:1, custom curved distributor, 8” rear end and Spectre cold air intake. I’m getting ready to install an electric fuel pump because I’m having some issues with vapor lock/fuel evaporating from the bowl, and hard hot starts. I also have a carb spacer on the way from Matt over at Vintage Inlines, hopefully that will help a little with keeping the temp down on the carb.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts