Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Debating on getting either racestar or bogart 15" rims front & rear. Does anyone know exact weights of these 2 brands of rims for comparison. Will be running Mickey Thompson ET Streets 275/60/15 - rear & 26/6/15 Mickey Sportman - front. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Debating on getting either racestar or bogart 15" rims front & rear. Does anyone know exact weights of these 2 brands of rims for comparison. Will be running Mickey Thompson ET Streets 275/60/15 - rear & 26/6/15 Mickey Sportman - front. Thanks in advance.
Bogarts FTW. They can nock off a lot of weight. That is rotational mass which is very good for your times. Sorry I do not know the exact weights of the Race Star`s. The Bogarts will weigh in at about 18-20 lbs each for the rears. I think the fronts are 17-19 lbs if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Racestar 15 x 3.75 are 11lbs, the 15 x 8s (good for the size tire you reference) are 17lbs

The Bogarts are probably lighter but you not supposed to use on the street, the Racestars you can.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Racestar 15 x 3.75 are 11lbs, the 15 x 8s (good for the size tire you reference) are 17lbs

The Bogarts are probably lighter but you not supposed to use on the street, the Racestars you can.
Thanks, stkjock for the weights & info. on the Racestars. These rims & tires are dedicated for track use only, so don't care if streetable. Anyone know what the bogarts weigh?

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Race stars weight =
15x3-11lbs
15-10-15 lbs
Bogarts =12
11lbs

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
The Bogarts are probably lighter but you not supposed to use on the street
+1

Have the Bogarts. They are very strong and light but not intended for the mileage/usage associated with street driving.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.