Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, my fan was working fine today with A/C on i was sitting in traffic for about an hour.
Suddenly no more air coming at all.. zero air...
Took it straight to electrician, checked fuse was ok (fuse #3 under the hood fuse box right? )
We checked the fan under the dashboard passenger side and he said no electricity reaching the fan.

I tried to remove , install the fuse, hit on the fan a bit, pusing/shaking the wires but the fan didn't start (with engine running and knobs changing from 1 to 4 position.
I also tried without A/C on, just the cool air mode, and it didn't work neither

Went home and came back after 3 hours, tried it when engine is cool and the fan works!! Then after 2 minutes it stoped again and after 1 minute it worked again!

Any one had a similar problem or can you tell me what to check??
T

·
Registered
242 Posts
Bad resistor??? Had the same problem with my truck about 2 weeks ago.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bad resistor??? Had the same problem with my truck about 2 weeks ago.
I read that bad resistor still works on 4th speed only , urs stopped working on all 1-4 speeds?
I changed the relay will see if it will stop again.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Mine went out one at a time. All I had left was the highest fan speed setting. Some loose all speeds at the same time, some loose one or two speeds. I assume a Mustang would react similarly. Hope I could help.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mine went out one at a time. All I had left was the highest fan speed setting. Some loose all speeds at the same time, some loose one or two speeds. I assume a Mustang would react similarly. Hope I could help.
It was a simple bad wire edge in the connector near the inner fuse box. we cut the egde f the wire and reconnect it, solved after 2 weeks!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Glad you solved it......toooo damn hot to go without any AC.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts