Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been hearing a pinging or some kind of knocking noise from my engine for a while now. It happens intermittently, usually when I'm idling at a stoplight or something. I never hear it with my foot on the gas.

Here's a link to a video of what it sounds like:

Listen for the noise at 0:18 and 0:30, kind of a hollow knocking sound.

In the video, the sound wasn't happening while I was just idling in my driveway but you can hear it when I put the car in reverse and slowly let off the clutch, w/o hitting the gas.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know because I can't think of anything! Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,760 Posts
Welcome!

I'm having a hard time hearing the knocking sound... Is the power steering pump growling? I dunno, maybe it's just some harmonic effect from setting the camera down, but it kind of sounds like it's out of fluid.

·
Registered
57 Posts
This is the same knock i had in my other. I was affraid of blowing a rod come to find out after putting money in new parts all it took to fix this situation was a complete oil change i stopped using royal purple and used mobil 1 full synthetic.

Sent from my LGLS775 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,859 Posts
Sounds like the sound of a dead cylinder miss to me. You can see the motor stumble and rock in the cradle.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts