Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok i took my car to advance auto parts to see if my alt and my battery were ok and they were. But when i mess with a/c or power windows and the power seat. This weird humming noise comes up. I asked the advance guy he said he was 99% sure it was steering pump. But i wanted to know you guys opinion to see if it is the power steering pump?

·
Registered
132 Posts
ok i took my car to advance auto parts to see if my alt and my battery were ok and they were. But when i mess with a/c or power windows and the power seat. This weird humming noise comes up. I asked the advance guy he said he was 99% sure it was steering pump. But i wanted to know you guys opinion to see if it is the power steering pump?
Hold on here... When you mess with the A/C, or windows n seat... you get a noise.. and at advanced, they said that it was the power steering pump??? WHAT?? How the hell are those anywhere near connected?? :nono::?::?:

Unless I'm the village idiot, and Power windows n power seats help you steer the car, then there's no way that messin with those would be the steering pump.

What does this weird noise under the hood sound like anyway? And where does this humming noise come from? Because the seat does hum. My window's dont make noise but my seat sure does hum.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hold on here... When you mess with the A/C, or windows n seat... you get a noise.. and at advanced, they said that it was the power steering pump??? WHAT?? How the hell are those anywhere near connected?? :nono::?::?:

Unless I'm the village idiot, and Power windows n power seats help you steer the car, then there's no way that messin with those would be the steering pump.

What does this weird noise under the hood sound like anyway? And where does this humming noise come from? Because the seat does hum. My window's dont make noise but my seat sure does hum.
haha. sorry ill explain it better. its like a humming noise. when just sits in idle its there but you can barely here it. but when i put the a/c on and mess with the windows(when i do this i my rpms drop a little). and thats when the noise gets louder. the sound is coming around the steering pump area....:sosad: and also my steering pump is super loud to begin with is that normal?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts