Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when im revved up and crusing at 2k or more rpms you cant hear the noise...i dunno if its cuz my exhaust gets to loud after that point or if it goes away but from idle to just before 2k rpms theres a weird noise that sounds like exhaust gases mixed with some rattling comming from under or slightly right side of the engine.....it only happens when the engine is under load and the heavier the load the louder the noise for instance starting from 2nd gear you can hear it well....ive gotten under the car and looked at what i could and i couldnt see anything wrong, checked the bolts on the mid-pipe to the exhaust manifold and those were fine....checked the O2 sensors for being loose, wasnt that either....the only thing i noticed is the exhaust manifold is really rusted.....could it have rusted through and poped a hole one time when i was hammering it?....but whats the rattling part of the noise?.....please PLEASE any ideas....i dont care how crazy they are i just need some possible answers to check. Thank you for saying anything

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
check for lose bolts on the head to manifold area.

make suire that gasket is ok too

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could it be the engine mounts maybe?

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
run a socket on them and find out... but i doubt it

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status