Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

i have noticed on my stang that always when i start it up on cold.. then i let it kind of "warm up", and put the gear into reverse, a weird noise like that sounds like air escaping from a valve (like when you take air out of the wheels) shows up. when it warms up it goes away.. it also happens when i put into drive, but is quieter than when i put it on reverse..

does anybody knows what could it be?

the dealer supposedly cant reproduce the noise :headscratch:

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
With the new auto trans that you can't check the fluid leve, I would have a stealer ship check it.

·
Shelby Gt 350 member
9,239 Posts
Hi,

i have noticed on my stang that always when i start it up on cold.. then i let it kind of "warm up", and put the gear into reverse, a weird noise like that sounds like air escaping from a valve (like when you take air out of the wheels) shows up. when it warms up it goes away.. it also happens when i put into drive, but is quieter than when i put it on reverse..

does anybody knows what could it be?

the dealer supposedly cant reproduce the noise :headscratch:
Has the performance of the car changed in any way? If not, you don't have a problem.

Every car/truck I have makes different sounds when it is cold compared to warm.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes i know.. i agree with that.. but it could be something wrong .. and is better that it could be fixed under warranty

there is no power loss.. no issues at all.. just the noise.. no oil leaking ..

tnx

·
Registered
28 Posts
what kind of gears do you have? If your gears are still stock you might think about going with 3.73 or 4.10s. they would get you closer to the correct rpm range for that cam. still won't stop the bucking though.

·
Shelby Gt 350 member
9,239 Posts
yes i know.. i agree with that.. but it could be something wrong .. and is better that it could be fixed under warranty

there is no power loss.. no issues at all.. just the noise.. no oil leaking ..

tnx
Then why are you posting it on a forum?
  • You think you have a problem.
  • You are told that you probably don't.
  • You obviously wont feel better till the dealer looks at it.
  • You had your answer before you posted.....go to dealer.
From where I am sitting you never even had a question. At least not for anyone that doesn't work at your Ford dealer. What kind of reply were you fishing for? Did you think that you would get an answer that would not involve you going to the dealer? Oh wait, I think you got that one and didn't like it.:shigrin

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Then why are you posting it on a forum?
  • You think you have a problem.
  • You are told that you probably don't.
  • You obviously wont feel better till the dealer looks at it.
  • You had your answer before you posted.....go to dealer.
From where I am sitting you never even had a question. At least not for anyone that doesn't work at your Ford dealer. What kind of reply were you fishing for? Did you think that you would get an answer that would not involve you going to the dealer? Oh wait, I think you got that one and didn't like it.:shigrin
  • Yes i think i have a problem because the noise wasnt there lets say.. a month ago.. I
  • I was told that i probably dont have a problem..that lead us that probably i do ..
  • i went to the dealer, the dealer says that they cant reproduce the noise, so they didnt do anything..
  • Obviously the answer is.. go to the dealer.. BUT, i want to know if anyone have been in this situation/issue and what is the solution that they found or the dealer found so i can tell the dealer that suposedly cant reproduce the noise, were to look at.
And i was looking for an opinion or somebody with the same or similar issue can tell me were to look at. Everybody here know that the best shot to get something fixed is go to the dealer if you have a valid warranty, but sometimes the dealer can ignore or not look at the problem if the computer doesnt show any codes.

As an update.. i figured out that the "air scaping noise" is there even if it is not in gear.. and it sounds .. lets say.. "with the rythm of the Engine"

im really confused :so

·
Registered
10,877 Posts
I love Sqidds remarks sometimes and I'm glad you gave them back to him. You just joged my memory. Some others have had the plate in front of the trans makes some rattling noise. I would at least look at that.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
tnx for the reply travelers.. the sound is more like something that involves air .. because it doesnt sounds like something hitting other thing.. is like air scaping somewere .. and i track it more to the engine bay than under the car.. also when the car gets warm.. it still is there but just less noisy... i dont have to many options regarding ford dealers here.. so im practically stucked with the same..

im going to wait until i get the car to service to get it cheked again..

any comments welcome..

·
Shelby Gt 350 member
9,239 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.