Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all... :)

I'll try to explain my problem to you the best I can. My specs should be in my sig. As soon as I'm shifting into 2nd gear and I'm letting off the clutch... my car hesitates.... then sometimes almost stalls out and I hear this strange poping noise coming from the front end of the car... This only started to happen after I added a 65mm tb... and a cobra intake manifold... (while I was at it... I replaced the rings around the fuel injectors and cleaned them up a bit.) It seems to only happen when shifting from 1st to 2nd gear, and it happens more often when I'm going uphill.... I wish I could explain the problem better... But I'm new with this :rolleyes: Any suggestions on how I could troubleshoot this problem? I don't think a poping noise is a very good thing lol

·
Registered
4,521 Posts
Sounds like a vaccum leak, maybe you left a vaccum hose disconnected or theres a leak at the TB or intake (upper or lower).

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
GTRaptor said:
Sounds like a vaccum leak, maybe you left a vaccum hose disconnected or theres a leak at the TB or intake (upper or lower).
oh man... Not good :sosad: I thought I sealed that sucker up... Well there is one hose that goes to the lower intake that seemed like it come could loose pretty easily... (i think it went to the oil breather for a lack of a better term lol) The car seemed to have a kinda noticable loss of power in the lower rpm range after the installation. Not a major loss... but it just seemed a little sluggish to me. I really hope its a vaccum hose or a leak at the TB... Because it would be a pain to take everything back off. (Probably not as much for you guys.. but it took me a while lol) Is there anything I can do to isolate the problem? I know I can figure out if its a hose by checking them.. But how will I know if its the TB or intake? I need it to drive to school every day... But if theres an intake leak... I guess I can fix that over christmas break since I won't have any classes to go to for about a month lol. (just in case something else goes wrong) If I took everything back off would I have to replace all of the gaskets again? Thats more money I don't have :rolleyes: thanks a lot

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.