Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have question hope you can answer it i just tradeed cars like 3 days ago the guy said his title was bein transfered in his name so we just wrote bill of sales but the b-o-s did not have the vin number nor a witness on them jsut stated what kinda cars we were trading with our signiture,now hes wantin his car back an sayin the bill of sales we got aint woth nothin that if it came down to it i would have to trade back is that true or false?i really would like to keep this car an theres no telling what he done to mine ..am in the right or wrong to argue?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Tell him to beat it

Tell him to take a hike, a private sale runs along the deal is a deal philosophy. Tell him to beat it and get your title, if he continues, tell him to sue you. Good luck to him with that. Private Sale or Barter = Deals a Deal.

·
Registered
16 Posts
you have the title right? if you have the title and it's signed you're good

oh, just read you're whole post, so you don't have a title, ouch! don't know how that works out but good luck!

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i know but hell hes sayin if it comes down to it if we went to court or something he would come out on top cuz th bill of sale has no vin or witness signiture or its not noterized an the best thing to do is just trade back an not go threw with all that

·
Registered
233 Posts
The bill of sale does not have to show the VIN. That is a binding contract if it is written correctly. I would go to the DMV and explain the situation to them stating now he will not turn the title over to you and see what they say. What year cars are they?

·
Registered
883 Posts
I think you have this covered, how come it doesnt have the vin number? can't you get the vin number off the car? anyways the BOS should have his signature, you dont need any witnesses if he signed it himself. Worse comes to worse have him start a civil sue...he'll end up payin the court charges anyways plus a lawyer, he prolly can't afford it anyway. get the vin number in the BOS and his information and all that, as long as his signature is on the BOS he's screwed. a BOS is as good as having the title with his signature. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yea the officer i talked to today said its a written agreement...he tore the damn car up now hes sayin i traded a piece of crap car forhis...i traded a 95 trans am for a 04 gt

·
Registered
883 Posts
I told you...you got this...welcome to the good side of life. Another GM turned oval....life is good. Yeah man, don't even trip, his signature is on that paper whether he likes it or not. That car is yours...sucks to be him. What an idiot...my bad...lol :laugh:

·
Registered
651 Posts
yea the officer i talked to today said its a written agreement...he tore the damn car up now hes sayin i traded a piece of crap car forhis...i traded a 95 trans am for a 04 gt
Trans Am for an 04 GT, I think you came out on top of that one lol :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
224 Posts
DO NOT alter that BOS in any way. As long as you have his signature you should be good...however, if you start editing the document after he signed it thats definitely not a good thing as he can agree that he signed the document but that things were added afterwards. It's like the little statement at the bottom of an application regarding "all things recorded in this document are true to the best of my knowledge blah blah blah". Basically if you alter things after that then his signature is not going to be valid. just my 2c, but he can either fork over the title, or see you in court to fork over the title. Do you have pics of the trans am before sale? see if you can find some to prove in court it wasnt junk til after the trade.

·
Registered
680 Posts
If $ has changed hands, that in itself can provived proof of contract. Was it a true trade with no $ exchanged.

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
dude, posession is 9/10ths of the law lmao to hell with that guy, keep the mustang TRUST US ur in a better world now... enjoy the car and register it as fast as possible to avoid any confusions if its registered to u and u have the car and keys to it, its yours lol welcome to the club

·
Registered
75 Posts
as an old notary you need the signed title with a notorized stamp or seal on title to transfer. now this is for PA. check with your local DMV. this is why you should go to a notary to change a title. NEVER JUST TAKE A CAR WITHOUT CHANGING A TITLE!!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.