Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible that valve seals could leak even though I looked down the intake runners and didn't see any traces of oil residue on the valve stems or valve faces?
Ever since I put this remanned engine in, I have had this issue with my car puffing a quick cloud of blue/black smoke on acceleration after sitting at idle for a few minutes especially when it's hot outside. It doesn't smoke during WOT or cruising. Seems the longer it idles, the more smoke starts to build up inside of the exhaust until I blow it out.
When I took the upper intake off my stang, I noticed oil pouring out of the pcv hose. However, I don't think that's it because I tried doing different things with the PCV hose to eliminate it drawing up oil and it never solved anything.
When it's cold outside, it hardly smokes. When it's super hot outside, it gets bad. I can let it sit for two weeks sometimes and it won't smoke on startup. It will only smoke on startup after getting the engine hot, then shutting it off. If I blow it out and turn it off cold, it won't smoke on startup. Thicker oil seemed to slow down the smoking. I don't really have the upfront cash for different heads. I just want to get this problem solved and enjoy my baby again. Thanks for the help. Here's a link to what it's doing:
YouTube - ‪Mustang 5.0 Valve Seal Leak?‬‏

·
Registered
18 Posts
Im thinkin u didnt dig out the filter that goes under the pcv valv from the stock intake I had to bend the plate onthe bottom of the stock lower it stops it from suckin up into the pcv

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Im thinkin u didnt dig out the filter that goes under the pcv valv from the stock intake I had to bend the plate onthe bottom of the stock lower it stops it from suckin up into the pcv
Yeah it's in there. I even plugged the back of the intake off and moved the PCV to the valve cover with a baffle and didn't solve the problem.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm thinking of trying an oil/air seperator again. I can buy one from Home Depot for an air compressor (air/water seperator) It should work, but I still don't think it's the root of the problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts