Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
suddenly, my map lights stuck; they're ON all the time unless the battery is unplugged :headscratch:

any ideas??

·
Registered
109 Posts
our van did that and it was a faulty switch in the door to tell when its closed.

·
Registered
2,655 Posts
Do you also have a door ajar light that's on? There is no button at the door like most are used to seeing. Believe it's built into the handle latch mechanism. Just had the same proplem with my Ranger. Just lube/spray the crap out of it with WD-40 or PB Blaster.
Dave

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
maybe pull out the fuse?:headscratch:

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
dude i know whats happened.... you know interioir lighting adjuster on the left of your steering wheel to dim or brighten the interior lighting.... it can be put all the way and and then sort of "clicked" to turn the map lights on... as long as it is clicked all the way up those map lights will stay on... you just have to roll the adjuster down a bit..... i did this within 10 minutes of owning the car and finally figured out why they were on all times.LOL.

·
Registered
2,783 Posts
dude i know whats happened.... you know interioir lighting adjuster on the left of your steering wheel to dim or brighten the interior lighting.... it can be put all the way and and then sort of "clicked" to turn the map lights on... as long as it is clicked all the way up those map lights will stay on... you just have to roll the adjuster down a bit..... i did this within 10 minutes of owning the car and finally figured out why they were on all times.LOL.
LOL +1!!! :bigthumbsup

There was a thread like this a while ago. I don't know how someone manages to click the little wheel up without knowing! But hey, it happens! That should fix your problem. :D

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
Same thing happened with my wife's ML500. She didn't know the adjustment switch was even there. Took me 3 days to figure it out. ALWAYS check the switches first.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Same thing happened with my wife's ML500. She didn't know the adjustment switch was even there. Took me 3 days to figure it out. ALWAYS check the switches first.
this has happened with almost three new cars in our house ,lol.... with a new car you always play around with things in the dash area when you bring it home and then you think what the hell is wrong with the map lights and never look at the switches, lol.:laugh:

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
LOL +1!!! :bigthumbsup

There was a thread like this a while ago. I don't know how someone manages to click the little wheel up without knowing! But hey, it happens! That should fix your problem. :D
it wasn't me who pulled it,, :nogrinner
this is the funniest thread i ever posted :D:happyhapp:laugh:

·
Registered
742 Posts
I'm relieved I'm not the only one. :hihi:
Happened to me on the first week of owning the car.
Took a couple of days before I figured it out.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I'm relieved I'm not the only one. :hihi:
Happened to me on the first week of owning the car.
Took a couple of days before I figured it out.

+3 lol I had one mustang for a day(test drive/mechanic) and I hit the switch all the way up...The car turns out to be a piece O' sh1t, so I'm like freaking out that they are going to say, "omg you broke it, you have to buy it". Finally, after driving around all day, I just stop and think, "Noooo...I didn't just......Wow.......". Turned it off and returned the car to the dealer, lol defiantly will not be making that mistake again :happyhapp

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.