Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After reading about all the problems GTs were having I bagan worrying about my order. In addition, cause I had a NAV system in my car, its manufacturing was delayed until who knows when. So, I was looking around one day and found out that my dealer had a GT500 coming mid-June or so, and I jumped the gun. Only took a couple of minutes to talk my wife into it and now I am waiting for a Shelby. I thought waiting for GT was hard, this is now even worse. I wish I had a time machine to fast forward 2 weeks ahead...:kooky::banana::happyhapp:woo::banana::mesad:

·
Registered
366 Posts
Nice! The two weeks will go by fast enough. Then you'll get to drive it for at least a month before winter comes to MN. :laugh:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice! The two weeks will go by fast enough. Then you'll get to drive it for at least a month before winter comes to MN. :laugh:
Yep. That was one of the concerns I had, to only drive it for a month and garage it. Even worse, if I was going to get the car in September, I would have had to drive it from the dealer to my garage and that was going to be it :) I know, a bit extreme. I am joking!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Nice purchase!!

Did you check the insurance on it. For me in Michigan with a good driving record and at age 51, it was almost double what the 5.0 is. I really wanted one but couldn't see paying almost $1000 every six months for something that I will only drive about seven months a year. My insurance doesn't offer any storage insurance so that is expensive.

Still a nice purchase and it was hard for me to walk away from it but I also like to mod my cars and couldn't really see modding a GT500 much. I will also be racing my new one and again, didn't really like the idea of racing the Shelby.

Enjoy your ride!!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Completely understand the wait wait wait then garage garage garage problem with my Sept 2010 delivery.

Hope you have fun smacking the skeeters at high speeds soon.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice purchase!!

Did you check the insurance on it. For me in Michigan with a good driving record and at age 51, it was almost double what the 5.0 is. I really wanted one but couldn't see paying almost $1000 every six months for something that I will only drive about seven months a year. My insurance doesn't offer any storage insurance so that is expensive.

Still a nice purchase and it was hard for me to walk away from it but I also like to mod my cars and couldn't really see modding a GT500 much. I will also be racing my new one and again, didn't really like the idea of racing the Shelby.

Enjoy your ride!!
I am 31, squeaky clean driving history, the insurance for this car alone is about $600 for 6 moths, so I thought it was not too bad. This car is going to be a Sunday toy, and maybe an occasional cross country tourer :) The more I write about it, the more I want it though, so I will just stop now.

·
Registered
352 Posts
^^That's not too bad. I wish Michigan was more insurance friendly.

Have fun once it gets here. I too understand the wait as I just ordered mine on 5/17 and also have the electronics package. We will see.

·
Registered
191 Posts
After reading about all the problems GTs were having I bagan worrying about my order. In addition, cause I had a NAV system in my car, its manufacturing was delayed until who knows when. So, I was looking around one day and found out that my dealer had a GT500 coming mid-June or so, and I jumped the gun. Only took a couple of minutes to talk my wife into it and now I am waiting for a Shelby. I thought waiting for GT was hard, this is now even worse. I wish I had a time machine to fast forward 2 weeks ahead...
Given that you went in originally for a GT, did they give you a break on the GT500? Sometimes good luck like that happens, they know they have a wired in seller and all ...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Given that you went in originally for a GT, did they give you a break on the GT500? Sometimes good luck like that happens, they know they have a wired in seller and all ...
I am a special case. I am going through a buyback program on my SHO. They take the difference between the MSRPs and and add that to what you paid for the old car. So, because I got the SHO for a less than sticker, the Shelby went below sticker also. :) Here, not too many dealerships sell GT500s below sticker so I thought I got a good deal.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Awesome good for you, can't wait to the pics once you post em :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
65 Posts
I hate you.

Just kidding! Congrats and enjoy when you get it. Those GT500's are bad as hell!

·
Registered
155 Posts
I did the same thing- cancelled my '12 5.0 order and found a '12 GT500. I was going to blow a bunch of money on mods anyway, now it's all set with warranty and better resale. I have to wait 4 more weeks until I see it though- I'm currently moving from HI to VA where the car is sitting at my folk's place.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.