Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it is not that easy when you change your set up . Well maybe if you are not real experienced, I guess. Any how I started at 15 psi tire pressure and my bag out back had 30 lbs PSI. Well that did not help, I had to increase the pressure in both. I had to go up to 20 psi on the tires and 45 lbs on the bag in the spring. This helped me get up on the tires a bit. I did do better dropping 3 tenths with a 12.210 ,yet my sixty was no better than a 1.7 and trapped 110. D/A was 8800 not sure if that could hurt me a little or not. I also had to much gas in my tank again. Maybe it will all come together next time out. :?:
I had fun though and that was a great release for me.:)
Not sure on the pressure on the bag now that I increased pressure in the tires. These tires are sticky as all you know what. I got news my new torque converter will be here soon. This may help my sixty I am hoping. Kinda think Maybe I should have stuck with the shorter Mickey Thompson DR`S., wow 1 inch can really make a difference.

R

·
0 Posts
wow 1 inch can really make a difference.
That what i have heard, of course not directed at me.......:rollgrin::rollgrin::rollgrin:

But it does look like things are getting sorted out......

You brought the car in one piece so it was good night......:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That what i have heard, of course not directed at me.......:rollgrin::rollgrin::rollgrin:

But it does look like things are getting sorted out......

You brought the car in one piece so it was good night......:bigthumbsup
Yea I would`nt know about that either.
I hope so , I just think that the taller tire changed my gearing a bit to much. I may go from 3:73`s to 4:10`s ,not sure yet. Maybe the torque converter will even things up. Then make that decision on the gears.

·
Registered
5,881 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You know bigger gears are just sounding better to me. Now just to decide on 4:10`s or 4:30`s?

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Wow you are wayyyy up there in New Mexico. 8800 yow. You probably need nitrous just to idle, up there practically in the ionosphere.

I wouldnt rule out a 8800 DA, but you are on NOS, so maybe not.

My friend started friday with his 28" M/T's and wasnt hooking as well as he liked, he ran a best of 11.13 on them, he switched to his M&H 26" and only went 11.08, not much difference there, really.

Your trap RPM should tell you if you need a 410. It looks like you have some wicked goodies on that car.

I am learning that my car is trapping with a pretty low RPM in fourth, my RPM drop from 3rd to 4th is irritating, and thats powershifting at 5600, dropping 2000 or more RPM, probably more since I am trapping at approximately 3800-4000 so being mostly stock I am thinking of going from 373 to a 410. I would really like a 390 but I hear they are more expensive and hard to find. Just what Ive heard havent looked myself.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.