Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so it was test and tune day at martin speedway last sat and I was board just hanging out with my friends in town so I decided to go and see if the things I did to her over the winter helped or a wast of time and money lol:headscratch:roush sub frame connectors and lower control arms I got new cat back for my side exit roush body kit so their are new flowmaster 80 series mufflers on it now to let the side exit work and got a 70mm bbk throttle body and a [email protected] plenum and a brenspeed x3 tune I only had the 87 tune in because I all ready had a full tank of gas and I rain a 13.557 13.6961 13.6860 but now I have wheel hop like crazy how do I fix that??:headscratch::headscratch:

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
what ones would you recamend I have the eibach shocks and spring and rear sway bar

G

·
I like and use the QA-1 10 way ajustable rear shocks... I sea you state you have aftermarket springs and aftermarket lower control arms, do you have different upper control arms? are the rear coil springs of the lowering type?...... and wth the above mods, have you ever checked your rear pinion angle?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
they are the lowering type I dont have the uca yet I need to get a good set for them and someone told be about the pinion angle but I dont know how to tell if its off

G

·
to check the pinion angle, you need a pinion angle tool or something to measure the angle at the rear flange wth the car on the ground...you'll be looking for a negative # from @-1 to -4 but the closer you get to the -4 the more agressive the car hits the tires, most "street" cars wth stock rubber suspension bushing are good wth a -1 to -2, cars wth poly bushing can go -2 to -3 and cars wth solid or spherical bushing can go -3 to -4.....

also the lowering springs prob arn't helping much, it's pretty hard to get a lowered car launch and go down the 1/4 efficiently and effectively;)

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea Im kinda thinking that maybe I should put some drag spring on the car?? would that help also?

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
IO went to the track last night and upload my 93 x3 tune now I had no wheel hop but no traction at all even at 1/2 track still breakin loose now what do I need to do??

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.