Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went "Wheels Up" last night!!!! and my wife got it on video!!!! (pic attached)

Well . . . I went out last night to practice launches and 60 foot times. I took my foot out of it on every run so I didn't have to go home. One race was against a Mini with a turbo (he was icing the manifold in the staging lanes). While it was my worst 60 foot time of the night, I actually got both front wheels in the air!! I didn't even know it had happened until we got home and I looked at the video. The video was taken with my kid's "Dugutal Blue" video recorder, so the quality isn't the best . . . but you can clearly see daylight under both tires when you go full screen on the AVI.

Attached is a still from the video . . . which isn't the greates quality . . but you can see that both fronts are airborne!!! It was COOL!!!!! :happyhapp

I will figure out a way to put the video somewhere for anyone who wants to see it. In the mean time, here's the pic!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's an even better pic . . . check the daylight under the passenger side tire!!

Attachments

·
Registered
108 Posts
Yeah player! Sweet! So, what were you launching at? My dad has pulled the driver side off the ground a inch or so in his '94 with slicks and about 300 eng HP. That's sweet you did both with drag radials and a heavier car. That must be packing a punch!

Chris

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I actually launched a little too low and it bogged on me . . . it was the second "bounce" that did it . . lol. From the video, it looks like I got about 5-6 inches on the driver side and 3-4 on the passenger side. Oh . . BTW . . . I killed the turbo Mini . . . lol.

I made a nice slow motion AVI clip. I'll email it to you Monday. :winks

·
Registered
143 Posts
You sound like a very proud daddy! Good for you!

·
Registered
1,859 Posts
That is so sweet man! Hope you are not bending the car doing all that. When is the cage going in?

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The cage goes in this week. Gonna need subframe connectors too . . . especially since I'm going to 12-13 pounds of boost from 7. :winks

The BEST part of the video is where you can hear my 5 year old son saying "GO DADDY GO DADDY!!!!" Its a keeper. :)

·
Registered
141 Posts
what kind of times and ets are u running?

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The car has been running low 13s . . . which means there is something wrong with the tune . . or with the driver . . lol. So, I'm changing the blower pulley to 12 psi of boost (from the current 7) and doing some more tuning. I expect to have the car running in the 11s by month's end.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Heres mine

Attachments

·
Registered
861 Posts
Rock on, truuble.

It's always an accomplishment to shift that much weight back quick enough to lift that heavy motor up.

I know most people here have seen the Fast and the Furious.

Did the Mini even think it had a chance?

·
Registered
223 Posts
SWEEEEET !!!! Two thumbs up and a pat on the back.I only WISH my T-Bird could do that.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Young_Buck said:
Rock on, truuble.

It's always an accomplishment to shift that much weight back quick enough to lift that heavy motor up.

I know most people here have seen the Fast and the Furious.

Did the Mini even think it had a chance?
lol . . I keep wondering whether he saw my hood reachin for sky . . . nah . . it wasn't close!

·
Registered
721 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Vinnietbird said:
SWEEEEET !!!! Two thumbs up and a pat on the back.I only WISH my T-Bird could do that.
Add some boost and some serious rubber. You'll get that bird to fly:winks

·
Registered
16 Posts
truuble said:
Yours looks better, GTG. One question . . . where are your license plates?!?!?! :winks
lmao what plates?? JK I don't see the street its a straight track car.

·
Registered
16 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Truuble,

What's the status of the roll bar and tuning? Got any pics of the roll bar?
Chris

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.