Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me start by saying that if I'm on the wrong forum point me in the right direction. I bought a Jeep with what I was told had a 5.0 HO from a 90 Mustang. A/C and Smog pump were removed. Waterpump is running reverse rotation. Is this right. I'm not sure that it's a HO.According to my temp gage its runing around 200 degrees.Is there a sure fire way to tell what engine it is?

·
Registered
471 Posts
All '79-'95 Mustang and late 80's-'95 F150's and '96-'01 Explorer/Mountaineer's , plus mid '80-'91 T-birds and Licoln Mark's will have RR water pumps.

5.0 HO's came from the factory with 195* thermostat's, so 200* is about right for your temp. I would swap in a 180* though and get it a little cooler.

As far as telling if it's an H.O- TB should point to the pass. side, and measure 60mm, if you pull a valve cover, there should be an E7TE cast into the head, plus the firing order for the H.O is 1-3-7-2-6-5-4-8 as opposed to the standard 1-5-4-2-6-3-7-8 firing order.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OK thanks I dont think it's a HO. The TB points to driver side and I'll check the firing order later. I read on some site that the radiator hoses are reversed too. Mine run from the bottom left (driver side) of water pump to bottom of radiator is this right? Or do I need to do some plumbing?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just checked firing order it has HO firing order13726548. TB may have been changed due to not enough room on passanger side. Does this matter?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.