Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so for some reason last night i dreamed i had found the bbk 62mm tb at a local parts store. i just happen to be drivng and see this store, thinking oh maybe they have it? i walk in and sure enough they had one behind the counter. it was in a nice black box like a piece of jewerly. i pulled it our of the molded felt interior and asked the salesman for a ruler. i procedded to measure the tb to make sure is was the proper size. sure enought this was the real thing, so i informed the sales guy that this was a very rare part. then i asked well how much. i figured i was screwed and he was going to smile and say something like 1000 bux. but to my suprise he looked at me and said 299. i bought it, and immediately installed in my car in the parking lot.

well that was just a dream bc i e-mailed cal mustang on friday and they said they dont have any.

oh well, it was a good dream

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
You have some pretty vivid dreams. I had a nightmare last night that I sold my manual GT for an automatic one...woke up very upset. *Phew* it was only a dream...:tongue

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah i thank god everyday i have an auto, bc w/ 4:10's, i can't shift that fast. dont knock auto's just bc you cant talk on your cell phone when you drive.

·
Registered
261 Posts
i drove an auto gt last week and i must say i love havin a manual. just more fun to drive . and as was stated on another thread , why do all you auto's still leave your hand on the shifter . your like little kids , still PRETENDIN!!! lol vynle :drool:

·
Registered
77 Posts
tw0scoops123 said:
You have some pretty vivid dreams. I had a nightmare last night that I sold my manual GT for an automatic one...woke up very upset. *Phew* it was only a dream...:tongue
Gosh, if I had your dream, I'd probably need some serious counseling! :laughlitt

Imagine buying a GT and allowing it to determine the shift points...now what would be the point of having a sports car and it doing the thinking?!? :eyebulge:

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I MANAGE MY OWN SHIFT POINTS, IT'S CALLED A CUSTOM TUNE. and i never, never, never miss a shift!!!

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
05GTSILVER said:
I MANAGE MY OWN SHIFT POINTS, IT'S CALLED A CUSTOM TUNE. and i never, never, never miss a shift!!!
Hey 05,
Did your tune change the shift points or did you go into options and modify the shifts yourself? I just checked my diablo sport unit and it's the r14, so it's updated. I had to drop the idle 1k though … it was just too high. I hate the way it shifts out so fast before you go 100 feet just under 20 mph. On that dream above, I had one too, but Pam Anderson was in it :tongue

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
I wasn't knocking auto's...if I was knocking on auto's I woulda said "Auto's suck" which I didn't, but in my opinion if I'm gunna have a sports car with a powerful engine I want to feel conntected to the car by shifting myself. I think auto's are great especially when you need to get through traffic every day. In my situation, I couldn't live without manual anymore. Hence my nightmare:)

·
Registered
261 Posts
im not knockin auto's either . my girl wants an auto gt. now if i was knockin auto's id be callin all you auto drivers girls, but im not. i still say manuals are more fun to drive and hav one hell of a responce when your at 3000 rpm's and punch it when its in 3rd. damn goin over 100 baby!!!yeehaw!!!!:happyhappvynle.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
vynle said:
im not knockin auto's either . my girl wants an auto gt. now if i was knockin auto's id be callin all you auto drivers girls, but im not. i still say manuals are more fun to drive and hav one hell of a responce when your at 3000 rpm's and punch it when its in 3rd. damn goin over 100 baby!!!yeehaw!!!!:happyhappvynle.
yeah mine does the same thing when i put it in third

·
Registered
261 Posts
hey 05 , get your hand off the shifter. remember you dont need to hav it there, you hav an auto. ten and two , ten and two, ten and two.:sterb:vynle.

·
Registered
89 Posts
I wasn't so sure about having the auto tranny until I got my tune from Alternative auto. Now it gets tire from 1st-2nd, nice firm shifts, I can even feel it down shifting when I'm coming to a stop. Plus the wife can smoke ricers at will, no lost RPM's or missed shifts. My new V8 sand rail will also have an auto with a manual shift body, hold the gas to the floor and slam through the gears, guaranteed up to 900 hp. Just my cup of tea.
PS-I also hold my hand on the shifter, that's so I can use my OD lock out button...great for passing!
THE BOMB

·
Registered
261 Posts
hell with all the great things you guys say about auto's , now dont get me wrong ( my 71 grand prix sj 455 block has a turbo 400 so i really dont have a problem with autos )it just definitly takes the guess work out of driving. im surprised nascar hasnt implimented auto trannys yet. NOT!!!!!!!!!LOL vynle.:heha:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Ehhh I think it is kind of unmanly to have an auto in a sports car. Even if it is tuned.

·
Registered
89 Posts
So is putting a crate motor in a classic...a real man would have rebuilt the motor himself! Nascar doesn't use auto's because of weight savings, and because of the high rear end gear ratios, they can custom gear the tranny easier. How many Nascar's drag race?:rolleyes: The stick inportant to me is the one I have attached! I don't have to play with my car's stick to prove my manhood. How old are you guys?

THE BOMB

·
Registered
261 Posts
well bomb,theres definitly a reason ford uses manuals for their race teams or any other race team for that matter. it has nothing to do with how old we are or our manhood. manuals are just more fun to drive and that is a FACT! untill i start seeing all these race cars switchin to auto's and becomin the norm. you hav no leg to stand on . and its not all about drag racing either , id take a manual over an auto on a road coarse anyday. drivin isnt all about the str8t line bud. its the whole experience. and as far as your stick is concerned keep it in your pants and out of this forum.i dont need to read about it.late vynle.:sterb: p.s dont get all your panties in a bunch k.lol

·
Registered
404 Posts
had 2 bad dreams about car#1...quite a few good ones too- actually woke my wife up one night making vroom vroom noises or something...man I had it bad.

first bad dream, carhauler lost it, car landed on its roof.

second bad dream, was driving down to pick it up, and see a lot boy doing a smokin burnout of a test drive just as we get into town

neither were too detailed, but the first one came kinda close to true...but was only a smashed wing/decklid/quarter panel- dealers estimate was $2500 but they didnt want to mess with it...got back from the dealer empty handed and freind reminded me about the dream I'd told him about a few weeks earlier...he was like "you called it"...that day really really sucked. worst part was finally being able to see it and touch it, yet couldnt even get a test drive. Did I mention that day sucked?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Vnyle.....Fun is a subjective item, it is not a fact. Yes, a manual trans is the way to go for road cousre driving, it aids in braking. I didn't change this topic, other people did with their dream about having an auto trans....OMG how terrible! And other attacks about how unmanly is it to drive an auto trans. I guess that all the ricers are very manly indead! Street driving (racing) is typically straight line. I have never been challenged to a road course race since I got my GT. If you don't care for my attitude, don't slam my car! Insult other makes/models. It would be like me saying everyone with manual trans is not smart enough to make enough money to be able to afford an auto trans....come on!

THE BOMB

1 - 20 of 26 Posts