Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before I tell the story, a little background on the idiot. He is a guy I work with. He's the type no matter what you have he has something better and faster. No matter how much you know he knows more or at least thinks he does. We all know the type.

With that said. About a two years ago I transferred into my current dept. at work. At the time I had a 02 gt with the usual bolt ons. He had a 96 gt that was bone stock and a auto. Well one day he was running his mouth saying that no one there could touch his car and so on. Well when he found out what I had he changed his tune. A few months go by and his son totaled the 96 gt, before I got the chance to embarass him. Several more months pass, and he buys a 99 ls1 t/a. Keep in mind that is not a ws6. It only takes a couple of months and now this car is the fastest thing on earth.

As fate would have it one saturday I worked day shift, I usually work evening shift. He drives the t/a to work and when I walk in, his eyes almost popped out of his head. So I sit down right across from him, and he wouldn't even look my way. While sitting at break everyone starts talking about cars. No one on day shift likes this guy, so I say. I hear you think no one can hang with your t/a. He turns bright red and says huh. At the end of the day we are all walking out and me and a couple of co workers corner him, so he could back down from a race. He gets all cocky and agrees. Now this being a industrial park there is a long stretch of vacant road. We line up and when the starters hands drop we take off. Wasn't even a race. I nailed every shift, hooked up off the line, just a great race. We circle back around and he is still running his mouth accusing me of running the bottle. So I pop the hood and prove to him I'm not. Out of anger I say lets do again and this time I'll give you a head start. We race again and same result. This time about twenty people saw it. Well you can imagine how that went over, not pretty.

Well several more months go by and during that time I purchased the 04 cobra. Only a few people in our dept. knew this. Behind my back he starts saying that he smokes 03-04 cobras all the time. He goes so far as to say he bought a twin turbo kit for the car for get this $2200 complete. Not a single but TWIN TURBO kit. So I catch wind of this and I have a few of the guys ask him about it. Well three different people ask him and they all get different stories. I confront him and ask so what kind of pistons, rods, crank, and so on. His reply, I gong to run the stock stuff. I say, really how much boost are going to run. Get this he tells me 30 psi. I say 30 psi, correct me if I'm wrong but isn't that a 10:1 motor. He just stands like he didn't know what I was talking about. As I walk off I say btw when you finish the car I'll meet you at the track with my 04 cobra.

Well after that he has said that he discussed it with his son and decided that he doesn't need a car with that much power. That's right it is not even his car. It is his 20 year old son's car. Me and wife were out in cobra one day and I ran into his son and we got to talking and was he surpried when he found out what was going on. He said he was told it was a blown big block car that smoked his dad. He even told me that he wanted a 03-04 cobra, but just could afford one at time. Like I said what a idiot.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
Sounds like some of the people I work with....I have several similar stories..

Good job in showing him up!

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Hate those people....after you beat 'em they don't stop with the excuses. I think there is something mentally wrong with them where they cannot except defeat. Grew up with people like that all my life....of course they don't get very far in life, but whatever.

·
Registered
1,912 Posts
He's probably ugly, and was abused by his older siblings........Now he does this to appear (in his mind) superior so that other people will like him.He will be the next child abductor on tv. Execute him now, save us some tax dollars.:sterb:

·
Registered
63 Posts
Funny how stuff like that works eh? I was home for about 6 months after I finished uni at which time the ol' man got himself an 02 vette. Somehow this girl at work with the typical look-fast-no-go civic got wind of it and kept running her mouth about how she trashes vettes all the time. (as far as I've been able to determine, she's got *cut* springs... not even proper shorter ones, CAI, and the usual 18" tip resonator, oh and a fake carbon fibre hood)

Funny that she's not interested in running the GT though eh? ;)

·
Registered
122 Posts
Everyone I talk to nowadays thinks that Skylines and Supras are superior to anything on the road. The Fast and The Furious really ruined the idea of what a cool car is to alot of people.

·
Registered
861 Posts
We all know the type. The ignorant fool. They load themselves with lies and false truths trying to make themselves feel better about themselves because deep down, they are just a barrel of insecurity.

Truth be told: EXCELLENT KILL

·
Registered
9 Posts
:worship Ricers are really interesting people... Both Import & Domestic rice.

No matter what the laws of physics are, no matter what simple logic proves. Ricers will always smoke any car that isn't thiers. I as an import owner I have seen it all and heard it all.

My Turbo Z isn't "fast", but it IS faster than 75% of the "street racers". Yet no matter how many times I race and beat them they have an excuse. "my gas tank is full, my subs are still in the hatch, I didn't fill up with premium, I should have double clutched" GAAAA shoot me now!!!
It's asshats like them that have ruined the fun for everyone and given the Import crowd a bad name. Wait make that all the automotive enthusiasts a bad name and image.

It simply blows the minds of some "racers" that anything not Jap made can also be boosted! I'm serious... I've actually run into kids that didn't know you could put a turbo on a V8! How hilarious and sad is that!!!

JdM tYTe yO!
(steps off soap box)

·
Registered
136 Posts
The worst ones are those whos cars aren't even slightly fast and shoot their mouths off at everyones. This one guy at work was taking $*&@ about my 5.0 at work, the usual, and he drives a 98 sunfire?

·
Registered
551 Posts
LOL, too funny.
We had a guy at my work like that. His thing was being better at everything and knowing EVERYTHING automotive (Including that you can do the rings on a 5.0 by removing the head and rotating the engine until the whole piston clears the deck..... :dunce: )
He had a IIRC early 90's Dodge Dakota (Ranger class truck, not one of the big boys?) that had a 1000cfm TB, and a K&N (that was white paper w/ an orange ribbing *cough* Fram *Cough*) that would "Pull the front wheels up" when he got on it. :rolleyes:
After several of us begged him to light em up one night when we were leaving, he finally caved to the peer pressure, and tried.....
He didn't break traction till he cut the truck hard in the middle of the parking lot, LOL. According to him, he wasn't able to hook/burnout because (IIRC) his father in law (or some other mysterious relative) had come over that day and adjusted his back brakes so they were dragging, holding him back, LOL :sterb:
Ricers have always been there, unfortunatly the import crowd seems to draw them, like moths, and make them more noticable, <G>. All talk, no walk seems to be universal.

J

·
Registered
14 Posts
i drive a v feffin 6 mustang ok i know it aint a v8
but i was at work one day there was this guy with a like 89 or 90 Acura Integra nothing speciail i think it had a 2.0 anyway he wanted to race my v6 i said sure why the heck not
we go out to the cars i start mine up it is side exhausted? with glasspacks that is the extent of stuff i have done to it
he freaks out saying i have a v8 (what an idiot)
so i pop the hood and assure him its a 3.8
so we go down the road line up he beats me off the line (i aint got tc) then i hit 2nd and i am at least 3 cars on him by the time i hit 3rd
then he says i cheated saying i have more done to it
Ricers are everywhere even here in wyoming so it dont matter you can beat them 40 thousand times but they will still say you cheated

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
Why do you think I keep my 2.73s? They're a great excuse!!!:kooky:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.