Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
U think itll look good on my car...its basically a Black GT:winks I just want ur opinions...pics would be awesome! thanx

·
Registered
149 Posts
I think that might look pretty good! I also have a black GT. Now you got me thinking. It would look a lot like a 69 Boss 429 with the GT lights in the grill. It would be nice to see how big that scoop looks on a 05 hood.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea thats what im thinking...i jus wanna c a pic first:handball:

·
Registered
358 Posts
I have a problem with most hood scoops on cars these days.
They Are Not Functional!!!
The Drugstore Cowboy syndrome.
Cowboy boots, Jeans, hat, and the big Belt Buckle.
Driving a toyota celica....
Its just sad.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I like MRT's ALOT!!:happyhapp HOw much r they functional, and non functional????

·
Registered
886 Posts
I like it from the side, but the front has a bat-wing look that I'm not wild about.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
YEA from the side it looks SHARP man! But i mean u cant reallly tell about the bat winged look...:rolleyes: I dunno i wanna c a price first lol.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I'm thinkin either a 69 cougar eliminator(lower/tapered but similar to the boss429 scoop), or Fangperformance.com 's shaker/hood setup- its beautiful
but I got a family to feed too...think the eliminator would be a great choice.
The boss429 was an almost mythical beast, and rightly so...I personally feel the scoop would be a bit large- especially on the higher hood of the 05...try to find a cougar eliminator scoop, looks same, yet better proportioned IMO.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Son of a gun...went to drive-in burger joint tonight, and there sat a 69 cougar with the eliminator scoop I mentioned- and we had the camera handy...put a couple pics in my photo gallery thing, but 'awaiting approval...' if wondering what scoop it is, look back in a day or so.
My car is gonna be vista blue, thinking semigloss black one of these scoops and the rear filler panel...

·
Registered
197 Posts
429 Hood Scoop

Group

Look at my Gallery. Mine is very functional. Sucks cold air onto my K&N and the Extreme Top.

Jess

·
Registered
196 Posts
Bag you need to get off yer arse and do something yerself. you are all growed up now so do something.

:rolleyes: I dunno i wanna c a price first lol. pics would be awesome! thanx i jus wanna c a pic first:handball: HOw much r they functional, and non functional???? I dunno i wanna c a price first lol.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
heh im 16, but all growned up sounds nice, o and by the way, i do my research, i just ask u guys to make sure. And even in some circumstances u guys find better prices, and better products than i couldn't find. OKK????

·
Registered
196 Posts
Baginoman said:
heh im 16, but all growned up sounds nice, o and by the way, i do my research, i just ask u guys to make sure. And even in some circumstances u guys find better prices, and better products than i couldn't find. OKK????
Sure Bag I knew you were 16..... Just messing with you so OK :wavey

·
Registered
394 Posts
I think that "eliminator" scoop look just like my roush scoop. At least in those pictures in your gallery.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
hhahah np:laughlitt

·
Registered
403 Posts
KiLLeR_WoMBaT said:
I think that "eliminator" scoop look just like my roush scoop. At least in those pictures in your gallery.
http://www.roushparts.com/products/05/401345_250.jpg

well the Roush has parallel sides and a rounded rear...wish had a better pic of the eliminator, but its basically about half the height of the boss429, and the sides taper wider at the back, with a pretty much flat back end...seeing roush pics- the washer jets might be a problem...

edit- found pic of one on a 69 mustang- you can see how much lower than a boss9:
http://www.mustangsplus.com/images/00869lg.jpg

just found a overhead pic too:

·
Registered
229 Posts
ford4v429 said:
http://www.roushparts.com/products/05/401345_250.jpg

well the Roush has parallel sides and a rounded rear...wish had a better pic of the eliminator, but its basically about half the height of the boss429, and the sides taper wider at the back, with a pretty much flat back end...seeing roush pics- the washer jets might be a problem...

edit- found pic of one on a 69 mustang- you can see how much lower than a boss9:
http://www.mustangsplus.com/images/00869lg.jpg

just found a overhead pic too:
http://www.mustangdepot.com/OnLineCatalog/images/Fiberglass/fs-cougehs.jpg
The Roush hood scoop was taken from the 1969 Mustang Mach 1, according to Jack Roush. The picture you show on the 69 Mustang is an after market hood scoop, not the original style. The bigger scoop draws attention away from the lines of the car IMHO. :rolleyes:

1 - 20 of 23 Posts