Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what are cams? lol. also, how much does a desent "cam" cost and where can i get them? if i used cam in the wrong part of the sentence, im sorry, i just dont know what im talking about..a ahhaah thanks.

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
i bought the comp cams stage 3's with springs and retainers. I went from 293rwhp to 330rwhp on a Brenspeed 91 tune on my 05 GT. A dyno tune would of probably netted me a few more ponies though.

·
Banned
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
im getting me some cams! how much are they! =]

oh and how much were your stage 3's?

·
Banned
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i learned on American muscle, they are expensive, but i like them :)

·
Registered
5,089 Posts
i think i paid close to $1K for everything and $600 for install. Cams swap on a 3V can be a PITA.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Be careful gettings cams. Some people are getting driveability issues like low rpm bucking and rough take offs. They are expensive and will need a pro install and tune. I think you could do better with other mods. Did you get your JLT intake yet? I think you will really like it when you do.

·
Banned
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Be careful gettings cams. Some people are getting driveability issues like low rpm bucking and rough take offs. They are expensive and will need a pro install and tune. I think you could do better with other mods. Did you get your JLT intake yet? I think you will really like it when you do.
yeah i was reading stufff about that, im not getting them, too expensive and too much of a hassle. and no i have not gotten it yet. idk it's takeing so long, i think its becuase i asked them for like 15 tunes beucase if i update my car with mods i'll have the tunes, and idk there are other personal details. but i am excited =]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.