Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 1999 gt with a k and n cold air intake and bbk headers and i was wondering what are some easy bolt ons to add some more horsepower im around 330 right now im trying to get at least 400

·
Registered
2,003 Posts
330 what? Are you talking about horsepower? If all you have is a K&N filter and headers, there is no way possible that you have 330 horses. It takes a lot of work on a 2v 4.6 motor to reach 330 horsepower. Especially to the wheels. Sure, 330 crank hp is possible, but you don't even have that if you just have a filter and headers.

·
Registered
363 Posts
r we talking ricer talk if so then you can put a body kit on it and a spoiler that will make it really fast and even faster if its not painted. lol jp naw easy bolt ons would be underdrive pullies, gears dont ad horsepower but are always a nice up grade to make quicker out of the hole, u can have a turn made. just some simple things that can make your stang quicker.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
well i just sit back on this one... :popcorn:

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
i have a 1999 gt with a k and n cold air intake and bbk headers and i was wondering what are some easy bolt ons to add some more horsepower im around 330 right now im trying to get at least 400
You are no where near 330.

·
Registered
268 Posts
I'd say you are maybe around 250/260rwhp.

Throw in a set of gears, X pipe, and Catback. Get yourself a throttlebody/plenum, and your set.

Throw a bottle on it too if you want some power. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
5,023 Posts
If you have an auto I say your around 220-230rwhp and manual around 235-245rwhp. Are you asking for simple and "cheap" bolt-on's? I would change your gear's to 3.73's or 4.10's for some nice off the line performance (doesn't add any hp) It will get you in the power-band quicker. Try a mid-pipe, pulleys, plenum and TB, those are all simple and on the cheaper side of bolt-on's. Although, a supercharger is a simple bolt-on as well but a little more on the expensive side:)

·
Registered
5,631 Posts
I just looked over the pics hockeystar has of his car. Very sanitary paint and body work, nice wheels, nice stance, dropped, etc. That snakey Hood would yield clearance for interesting things, too...

Oh, and I would say that a 99 GT with no more mods than that is putting down about 275hp at the crank.

OK, taking it as a straight question, tell us HOW the car has 330hp (and whether it is at the wheels or not), and we can talk from there.

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
330? Not a chance in hell, you're maybe 15hp over stock. If you want 400hp, for real, not ricer 400hp, you'll need to do a lot of things, the 4.6 is 281 cubic inches, so without a blower or nitrous its a pretty hefty undertaking to make 400hp. Worked heads, cams, solid bottom end, every bolt-on ever invented, some serious tuning... and you still might not get it. If you want 400 ricer hp, just throw on a 3ft tall wing, an 8" fart cannon, and some crappy wheels... bang, you're there, those wings are good for another 150hp easily, just ask any retard with a honda.

·
Registered
4 Posts
a mechanic told me that my 2000 gt gets around 280 hp and the mods i got is a steeda cold air intake and loud mouth exhuast with an h pipe and high flo cat backs

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
a mechanic told me that my 2000 gt gets around 280 hp and the mods i got is a steeda cold air intake and loud mouth exhuast with an h pipe and high flo cat backs
Guess what? he lied to you.

You are around 235 horsepower if you have a stick shift.

·
Registered
8,704 Posts
Guess what? he lied to you.

You are around 235 horsepower if you have a stick shift.
I think he means 280 @ the flywheel which might be close on a
good day, although I think 270-275 is a better guesstimate which still is only like 240 at the wheels. Somebody should make a sticky explaining about "rwhp" is the only numbers we discuss here and all others gtfo, lol.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Well, if you want another 50 HP and 100 lbs of tourqe Rabbit can point you towards some really nice Wolf stickers. Personally, I would go with the "FEAR THIS" on the front wind shield, but that's just me. Some like the stick on breather vents which offer another 15hp, or 20hp with a good tune

·
Registered
7,401 Posts
It's just the type of person that color attracts for the most part, although there are some exceptions, but not many. It's not just Mustangs.

·
Registered
52 Posts
330 torque? lol .. but in all seriouness you have no where near 330 hp.. take that number and take off about 90.. thats how much u have.. i have a 99 gt.. check it out.. i have just exhaust.. except headers.. and a cold air intake.. 17 year old i know.. broke.. new mods coming soon from me are deff going to be.. 4.10 gears.. throttle body/ plenum.. and make sure u stop using ricer terms.. u wont get any respect making up numbers like that.. plus 30 hp for the mustang decal on the back window.. :shigrin

·
Banned
3,705 Posts
330 torque? lol .. but in all seriouness you have no where near 330 hp.. take that number and take off about 90.. thats how much u have.. i have a 99 gt.. check it out.. i have just exhaust.. except headers.. and a cold air intake.. 17 year old i know.. broke.. new mods coming soon from me are deff going to be.. 4.10 gears.. throttle body/ plenum.. and make sure u stop using ricer terms.. u wont get any respect making up numbers like that.. plus 30 hp for the mustang decal on the back window.. :shigrin
The 330 RWHP guy posted that like two years ago.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.