Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Everyone will envy you :hihi:

Honestly, most of the things I worried about ended up not an issue. Wind noise is minimal I think. Big thing is you need to care for the top using protectant and such. Also either garage or cover it to prevent sun damage. It will extend the life of the car.

·
Registered
161 Posts
The V6 convertible comes with **MUSHY** suspension. I've read the Pony Package has a better setup than the base model.

Lack of GT foglights, only one drive wheel, no MyColor on dash... and of course less power than a GT or a 2012 V6.... but is by no means a slouch!

IMHO, the interior looks better than the 2012 (to me it has more 'character' & I dig the round vents).

The trunk space is still pretty good but obviously a little less than the coupe.

Visibility for fast maneuvers is superior in the convertible... there is NO B PILLAR! I DESPISE the coupe's B pillar...

Most of the negatives can be addressed with relatively inexpensive add-ons (better shocks/swaybar/spring/strut tower brace/CAI&tuner?dual exhaust etc...)

·
Registered
325 Posts
The V6 convertible comes with **MUSHY** suspension. I've read the Pony Package has a better setup than the base model.

Lack of GT foglights, only one drive wheel, no MyColor on dash... and of course less power than a GT or a 2012 V6.... but is by no means a slouch!
MyColor was available, I think it came with the interior upgrade package. My '06 has it and I don't have the Pony Package.

I did add a GT style grille afterwards.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Well, I've got one and I live in Calgary, AB. Cold winters, snow, rain. I drive it all seasons. My 'Vert is a veritable Batmobile. With the t-lock installed, I can manage snow no problem. Highway driving does not produce excessive noise; the top is double-lined. It's about as quiet as a coupe. As to suspension, the purchase of the Eibach handling package (sway bars front and rear) made a huge difference, as was the H&R Sport springs (lower a tad, like 1" front, .75" rear). Get one! You'll love it.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I hate the Spoiler V6's started using in 07. I would rather have no spoiler than that spoiler. Luckily the holes match the V8 style spoiler so I swapped mine out.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Only disadvantage is you can put the top down when it's raining! They are great. Just get one and have fun. Do some reading on this forum and research the heck out of them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts