Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was trying to decide whether or not to get the 18" polished Alm. or stick with the 17". I like both about the same for looks, are there any drive/performance benefits?

·
Registered
214 Posts
nope. no benefits..unless there's a diff. in the weight

unless you go with something super light, like for instance the OZ superluggera, you won't see any diff. except in the bling factor

·
Registered
816 Posts
CinciForse said:
I was trying to decide whether or not to get the 18" polished Alm. or stick with the 17". I like both about the same for looks, are there any drive/performance benefits?
I upgraded from the stock 17s to the 18" Fanblades on my 05. The rubber I put on is 2" wider than stock, which makes it handle alot better. Also I noticed the road noise was less, as well as road irregularities were not as pronounced with the new 18" rubber. Besides that, 18s look sooooooo much better than 17s. JMO. :wavey

·
Registered
214 Posts
is the rim any wider, or did you just opt for a wider shoe?

curious is all

oops, site slowed to a crawl and i thought i forget to press "submit", so i clicked it again...
my bad :D

·
Registered
816 Posts
Whiplash-GT said:
hmmmmm..maybe i'll hit up the dealership before the wife gives her notice today :laughlitt
hehe. I got my fanblades and tires from the tire rack. Cheaper than from a Ford Racing Performance Parts dealer, and way cheaper than Ford parts. :wavey

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
I can say the 18"s are heavier than the 17"s by a decent amount.
I have both.

·
Registered
816 Posts
I weighed them with the tires on. The 18s with the beefier rubber adds about 7 lbs to each corner of the car. Not too bad. Some wheels out there weigh 7+ lbs more than stock all by themselves! :wavey

·
Registered
114 Posts
I feel unless you do the bigger brakes with the bigger wheels it looks funny:eyebulge:

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all the info. I ordered my car back in the beginning of August, and it still isn't scheduled for build. So, I asked the broker if I could add the 18" wheel which weren't available at the time. I like both styles (17" that are stock and the 18" Polished) and wondered if there were any benefits to paying the extra 720.00 to have them. I'm guessing from the replys that there really isn't. Maybe I'll just hold off and save the 720.00 for a CAI and Tuner...:drool:

·
Registered
324 Posts
You ordered in August and still don't have a car?? They are practically sitting on the lots here now. I ordered in September and got it at the end of October.

CinciForse said:
Thanks for all the info. I ordered my car back in the beginning of August, and it still isn't scheduled for build. So, I asked the broker if I could add the 18" wheel which weren't available at the time. I like both styles (17" that are stock and the 18" Polished) and wondered if there were any benefits to paying the extra 720.00 to have them. I'm guessing from the replys that there really isn't. Maybe I'll just hold off and save the 720.00 for a CAI and Tuner...:drool:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.