Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at getting the Roush rear window louvers. They look great and are hinged, which is what I want but they are pricey, $740.00. I was wondering if anyone had the Roush rear window louvers and what you thought of them. (if there are pictures thats great too!) If not does anyone know any others that work well and look great. i am trying for a look close to the 1970 Boss 302. Thank you!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've looked at those. Is that a whole lot harder to take off and clean the window though?

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Look for a Local Roush Distributor in your area, they can get in Roush products much cheaper than what RPP sells them for. As for pros and cons, I like them. Have had them on for over a year now. Only comment I have. Make sure when the window mounted hinges are attached, that Adhesive Promoter is used and its on a nice warm day so the hinges will adhere firmly to the glass. I had to re-do my two top outside hinges because of them not adhering properly to the glass. Used 3M Automotive Tape, Adhesive Promoter, warm day, warm glass and some pressure. All is ok now. Somebody else recommended putting a bead of clear silicone around the base of each hinge where it's attached to the glass to deter water from getting to the tape. I'll be doing that soon. All in all I'm pleased with the Roush Louver. Looks nice, no rattles, secures firmly and is easy to lift up and has 2 attached prop rods to hold up the louver for cleaning glass.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Mine are from CDC, but they're not carrying them anymore. If I had to replace them, I'd go with the Astra Hammond.

·
Registered
883 Posts
Visus hinged aluminum ...MRT

Attachments

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
I don't care for the metal ones personally.They do not match the lines of the car and look like they are a carryover from another car.Just my 02.Though:bigthumbsup Whatever you like and can afford.

·
Registered
717 Posts
$740 on cosmetics is ok as long as that's the look you want. like for example i'm sorta looking for a hood right now. and if i come across one i truly want, i'll pay whatever it takes. sorta looking at this one for $995 (Mystery 7 Hood Kit with Front Nose Extensions)

Attachments

·
Registered
2,940 Posts
Visus hinged aluminum ...MRT

Saw these louvers at the 45th last month at MRT's vendor area. I liked them as well. Curious though about how they get secured at the bottom corners. Any issues with them coming loose or do they
stay firmly secured?

·
Registered
360 Posts
The best ones are the ones you prefer.
I have the Visus/MRT louvers. Been on a little over 2yrs now with no problems.
I like the looks & price of the Astro/Hammond aluminum louvers, but I prefer the hinged feature of mine as well. With our water here, cleaning the rear window after a bath is not an option.
I like the looks of the Rousch louvers, but the price is a little steep.
Whatever you go with, be sure to post pics:bigthumbsup

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.