Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know 3 of them are resonator, PCV and brake actuator. What is the small one beside the PCV hose? It runs up under the manifold. The clip on the disconnect broke on mine and Ford is saying I need to replace the entire hose which will require me to remove the manifold and cost me over $600, just to fix a broken quick disconnect on the end of a hose. If that's the case p, it's pretty poor engineering. Wanted some input before I pull trigger and dump $600 to fix a part that should be less than $10. Or can I just cut the disconnect off hose and worm clamp it?

·
Registered
3,538 Posts
Can you take a picture? I'm not familiar with the underhood on a 2015. But.... There shouldn't be a PCV or vacuum booster hose connected to the inlet tube. Those will attach behind the throttle body because that's where the vacuum required for their operation comes from. Is this the area you are referring to? If so, one of those you are referring to maybe the hose coming from the EVAP system. Do you have an automatic? One could be a vacuum line to the transmission- if those even exist on modern auto Mustangs.

The two hoses you should have on the inlet tube are the sound tube - "resonator"- and a crankcase filtered filtered air inlet. Not sure what the other two would be.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts