Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've seen these in quite a few members mods lists. Its obvious that they limit torque. Where do they go? What do they protect?

I'm getting a pretty good set of mods, is this something I should be looking at getting soon(especially prior to S/C)??

·
Premium Member
72,878 Posts
They extend from a K member brace to the bellhousing. They prevent the transmission from twisting during acceleration.

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is this something I should be considering soon??

·
Registered
2,658 Posts
I will say I had a heckuva time consistently nailing the 2 to 3 shift when WOT. I installed the K-brace with limiters from CHE and my 2 to 3 shift became more consistent. it helps, even with an otherwise stock motor.

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
So you don't think it's worth it on an auto?
I don't think its as critical to shifting like it is with a stick. It has a cable to shift gears. Not like stick with half the shifter mounted to the body.

It will help no doubt.

I just have that holding the center of the bellhousing still while those liquid filled squashe MMs mover all over the place.

·
Registered
3,724 Posts
Can that reduction in Tranny twist help increase the life of the driveshaft and tranny itself?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Can that reduction in Tranny twist help increase the life of the driveshaft and tranny itself?
I hadn't heard of them being good for that, and I doubt it would do much there, but it sure can't hurt.
Don't forget that torque limiters also help prevent long tube header leaks at the head. Both the engine and tranny of course are twisting and it ends up putting strain on the exhaust system up by the head. I think that JBA (could be wrong on the brand of headers) actually recommends torque limiters when you install their headers for just that purpose. They are a cheap mod, easy to install and give good benefits. I definitely recommend them even for stock engines. Make sure you check with your header manufacturer first if you have long tubes since the driver side limiter can conflict with certain brands of headers (I'm thinking SLP but could be wrong on that one).

·
Registered
10,876 Posts
They will have no effect on that

I never thought about header leaks. Makes sense.
with the rubber mounts of the exhaust system and prothane MMs I don't think its a factor. Even if stock MMs used and no limiters, maybe.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.