Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What bolt on parts are worth the money?

Exhaust is about 30lbs lighter and supposedly increase HP a bit. Looked a few cold air intakes, possibly the throttle body.

What can I put on with out voiding the warranty? I was told to go to Ford Racing but the Borla Exhaust is about $300 more then the Magna Flow and I doubt it's $300 better. Aside from that there are not many parts on ford racing yet...

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
I doubt that spending money on a CAI has any benefit. The 2011-2015 CAIs are as efficient as the aftermarket parts. If you are set on spending money on an exhaust, I would have to say that Borla would be a better choice. And without buying the CAI you have the extra $ for that. Most minor bolt-ons are not going to give you hp that you will notice.

Running 93 octane and better tires will more likely give you noticeable consistent performance and handling.

Pete

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That was my general thought process. It's brand new how could it be any less/more effecient. Though I would like it to be a tad louder.

The Borla Exhaust is 30lbs lighter, which should help some on the MPG and the overall performance but again will not be noticable.

I do want some more power but I suppose that's going to have to wait until Ford Racing has a super charger kit.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Personally cold air intakes on the coyote V8s aren't worth the money. You might get a few horses way at the top but not much. Same with throttle bodies.

Personally I'd go with exhaust to get that perfect mustang sound then wait and see what parts get popular with the new model. It has yet to be seen how these cars will react to suspension modifications or what really works.

·
Banned
2,225 Posts
I doubt that spending money on a CAI has any benefit. The 2011-2015 CAIs are as efficient as the aftermarket parts. If you are set on spending money on an exhaust, I would have to say that Borla would be a better choice. And without buying the CAI you have the extra $ for that. Most minor bolt-ons are not going to give you hp that you will notice.

Running 93 octane and better tires will more likely give you noticeable consistent performance and handling.

Pete

What Pete said!

If you want the most bang for the buck a tune is the way to go. A Ford Racing tune will preserve 3/36 of your 5/60 power train warranty for any tune related failure. But their warranty starts from mile zero regardless of when you install the tune. So if you tune at 1/12 you will only have a 2/24 warranty.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmm I'm going to have to make some hard choices.. I have the 7 year 100,000 mile warranty because the car is technically used even though it only has 2300 miles on it. I also got the original bumper to bumper warranty.

I'm going to start with the Exhaust and give Ford Racing some time to get more parts on the market.

I have been looking at possibly changing the differential gears. I would just like my car to be faster then the normal 5.0. I'm planning too remove most of the badges and make it a nice sleeper.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hmm I'm going to have to make some hard choices.. I have the 7 year 100,000 mile warranty because the car is technically used even though it only has 2300 miles on it. I also got the original bumper to bumper warranty.

I'm going to start with the Exhaust and give Ford Racing some time to get more parts on the market.

I have been looking at possibly changing the differential gears. I would just like my car to be faster then the normal 5.0. I'm planning too remove most of the badges and make it a nice sleeper.
I like your sleeper idea. I sort of did the sleeper thing back in the late 60's. I had a 327 Impala, I put 283 emblems on it.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I like your sleeper idea. I sort of did the sleeper thing back in the late 60's. I had a 327 Impala, I put 283 emblems on it.
haha that had to be fun! I love sleepers, it's so much fun to surprise people. But anyone with a brain will know the car has the V8 in it.. Plus I'm not sure I can remove the GT badge on the back.

I'm huge star wars fan and have some plans to clean this bad boy up with a bit of a star wars twist..

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Blasphemy! I had a 1965 SS 327 Impala. Great car considering how big it was.

Pete

·
Registered
37 Posts
As a mustang enthusiast/owner myself, I find it hard not to dump my paychecks into my car. Like said above the CAI and throttle bodies do add some HP but not as much as previous model mustangs, not to say they're worthless. With any car worth modding I would start with an exhaust. This is where the most HP is lost from the factory and our specialty!
Our 2015 Mustang GT cat-back is one of our most popular selling systems right now, feel free to check it our or give us a shout if you have any questions!
2015 Mustang GT MRT Cat-back Exhaust with H-pipe

·
Registered
19 Posts
Yep great car for what it was.

Blasphemy! I had a 1965 SS 327 Impala. Great car considering how big it was.

Pete
I had the same thing but it wasn't an SS. 3 speed column shift 327 w/bench seats, w/the little Carter WCFB 4 bbl carb. Rated at 250 HP. It had a single exhaust when I got it. I had it converted to duals & couldn't believe the HP gain & even better mpg. Put Delco air shocks on it to clear the Mickey Thompson (bigger) rear tires in back & skinnier tires in front with chrome slotted 14" rims all around. It also had the 401 Corvette heads w/the bigger intake valves (my brother in law, a mechanic, was dumbfounded how those got on there from the factory). Thing was a sleeper as it was but when I put the 283 emblems on it, I really got some dirty looks if I won a street race. Lol, I only had those 283 emblems on there for a few days. Yeah, it was a great car for what it was. Put over 100,000 miles on it. Sold it to my brother & he wrecked it. Story of my life.

·
Registered
704 Posts
What bolt on parts are worth the money?

Exhaust is about 30lbs lighter and supposedly increase HP a bit. Looked a few cold air intakes, possibly the throttle body.

What can I put on with out voiding the warranty? I was told to go to Ford Racing but the Borla Exhaust is about $300 more then the Magna Flow and I doubt it's $300 better. Aside from that there are not many parts on ford racing yet...
It would be much easier to make suggestions, if we knew what you drove.

In specific, in detail.

·
Registered
19 Posts
haha that had to be fun! I love sleepers, it's so much fun to surprise people. But anyone with a brain will know the car has the V8 in it.. Plus I'm not sure I can remove the GT badge on the back.

I'm huge star wars fan and have some plans to clean this bad boy up with a bit of a star wars twist..
Would love to see your star wars twist pics when you're done. Hope you'll post some. Sounds like a worthwhile project.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Will you be putting videos on the Borja website or on YouTube of what your products sound like on 2015 Mustangs? I would like to compare the sound to Flowmaster exhaust systems.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I've started with exhaust, oil separator, and drive shaft. Also tossing in a urethane tranny bushing. These should be here tomorrow. Possibly installing this weekend. Next will be some sort of drag radial.

·
Registered
19 Posts
drive shaft

I can see the oil separator & a different exhaust but why would you buy another drive shaft?? What are the benefits?? Wouldn't that pretty much negate your warranty for the power train?? Just curious, not criticizing.

·
Registered
232 Posts
The best bang for your buck for power gains is going offroad midpipe and tuning. The rest is minimal unless going FI.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Unfortunately zinc, the cats are more difficult to get rid of in the 2015 GT. The drivers side is part of the exhaust manifold on that side. There is a kit or two available for you to cut it off and clamp a pipe on it....but I would probably rather just get some long tubes so I have the stock parts just in case.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts