Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've heard a quite a few guys running EX270AH comp stage II's, so thats what i was leaning towards... with new springs obviously. I sent an e-mail to a guy at a local speed/dyno shop asking him about writing a tune for me and dynoing the car and he tells me that I cant run the 270's unless my pistons are notched. He tells me that the 262's are good cams, nice idle and about 25-30 hp. I want the car to sound like its about to die when its cold, but i dont want the power to hit at 6k obviously... so stage 2 is definatly what i'm favoring.

As soon as I get home in a few weeks there will be a set of cams on my door step. I want the most cam i can get in my stock bottom end without it destroying itself. I definatly thought that a stage 2 would work as long as i changed valve springs... and worst case scenerio degreed the cams so the timing is spot on.

so for those of you who have been in my shoes and got new cams, what did you get and how much HP did they give you...

·
Registered
190 Posts
since your engine is an ohc model it do not need the radical profile to perform well,262 are your best bet for a lot of reasons more than notching the pistons,i think your mechanic is being honest with you.:)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well this is the same mechnic that wants 900 dollars to install them, 375 for a dyno and tune ( assuming i buy a sct from him for another 350, because he isnt a diablo dealer), and 600 to degree them in...
now add the price of cams springs and retainers to that... yeah, thats alot of money... over 3 grand to be exact

·
Registered
190 Posts
unless you are planning to go all the way.like one day finding yourself with your mustang on a trailer heading for the dragstrip.;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.