Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a thread earlier, I am trying to figure out why My vehicle stalls only when I shift on hard acceleration.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
There was a recall on the tune on some 03's. Mine stalled if I got on it and got off the throttle quickly. I took it to Ford and got it recalibrated only to get it chipped and pullied later and retuned.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There was a recall on the tune on some 03's. Mine stalled if I got on it and got off the throttle quickly. I took it to Ford and got it recalibrated only to get it chipped and pullied later and retuned.
Thanx snake,that is exactly what is happening,but I had it pullied and retuned and it is still doing it.
Do I need to get a different chip?

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Have you recently installed any induction stuff like a MAF or CAI? Try disconnecting the battery to reset the computer..
When I bolted a CAI on mine the MAF counts were off and it stalled constantly, I simply reset the ECU and Boom, fixed!
I'd also Datalog your Fuel Rail pressure the see if that's an issue!

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you recently installed any induction stuff like a MAF or CAI? Try disconnecting the battery to reset the computer..
When I bolted a CAI on mine the MAF counts were off and it stalled constantly, I simply reset the ECU and Boom, fixed!
I'd also Datalog your Fuel Rail pressure the see if that's an issue!
Well to tell the truth, this has been done many times.
With all the repairs and the recent left cylinder replacement ,the dyno tune,I dont think that will do much good because before all this was done it was preexisting.
If I do disconnect and do that procedure,wont I lose the tune that was previously done,or is that stored in the x3 tuner?

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
Oh No worries bro, that's why I said did you "Recently" install something... I didn't realize it's a longtime condition.
And no your tune won't be affected if the battery is disconnected But it's a good idea to save a copy of the Dyno tune on your personal computer in case something freaky happens

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.