Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 mustang V6 3.8L. I already have a K/N cold air intake and flowmaster duel exhaust. I am saving up to get a stage 2 clutch, ceramic headers, and a performance chip but i do not know which brands are better for each. What do you recommend. Also what else can I do to upgrade the performance besides and turbo or supercharger, besides those 2 ill do anything. Please, all opinions and suggestions will help.

·
Registered
123 Posts
well a state 2 clutch my be much than if you arent going to eventually supercharge or turbo. I have a spec stage 1 in my 00 v6 and its great, not dissapointed with it at all. I would suggest you get a tuner for your stang, I am getting mine delivered monday so ill let ya know how it is, I got the sct x3. You say youve done intake and exhaust, i would then upgrade if you didnt say already the headers, throttle body, 8.8 rear end, for more power to the pavement. Maybe underdrive pullies, theres plenty to do with the car, just depends how deep your pocket is :shiny:

·
Registered
63 Posts
as far as tuners go, i highly reccomend one from sct. and when you have an extra 75 bucks lying around, go get an email tune from brenspeed! they really wake the car up. frankly, i find it amazing what a difference just some electronic tweaking can do to the feel and performance of your car. good luck and keep us posted! :bigthumbsup

·
Banned
9,216 Posts
yea i got a bama tune, i love my SCT. stage 2 may be a bit overkill.

lol i have it

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
whats the difference between a stage 2 and a stage 1?

·
Registered
147 Posts
does anyone do mail order tunes for the diablo tuner.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.