Ford Mustang Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know I can find out where it was made, what number it was, what engine, and what body style; But can I find out more about my car with it??

Like the clutch size, bellhousing model, anything like that??
6f07t354851 is my VIN

I can not find anyone that can actually help me find the info I am looking for, and I really need this info :s

· Registered
1,359 Posts
VIN number will only tell you what options the car has when made, year of manufacture, engine number, diff ratio, colour, body style etc.
Things like the bellhousing, gearbox,steering box and diff will have casting dated stamped or a tag on it which will tell you a similar story to VIN.

· Registered
4,555 Posts
The VIN you provided is this only:

6 - 1966
f - Dearborn Assembly Plant
07- 2 door hardtop standard bucket seats
t - engine 6 cyl 200 cu. in. (1v)
354851 - serial number

If you still have the tag on the drivers door, then it will give Body style-should be 65A, exterior color, interior trim, date of manufacture, DSO, axle ratio and type, transmission. Period.

Clutch size is not one of the information codes used.

Good Luck.

· Registered
2,206 Posts
When you want know specific things like that, you just have to get into the books and search on line to educate yourself. You do not really ask what you are looking for other than a very general thing about your bellhousing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.