Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, what performance mod/s can I gewt for about $150? Oh ya besides CAI/ Underdrive pulleys.

·
Registered
11,433 Posts
NEWBE17 said:
Hey guys, what performance mod/s can I gewt for about $150? Oh ya besides CAI/ Underdrive pulleys.
you can get a sway bar, chassis brace(s), or a used chip & have it programmed . ..

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how much does it cost to have a chip programmed? where can I get one that will work for a 96 5spd? how much HP will you gain from a chip?

·
Registered
11,433 Posts
NEWBE17 said:
how much does it cost to have a chip programmed? where can I get one that will work for a 96 5spd? how much HP will you gain from a chip?
Any Ford Chip from 94-04 would work, they have the same connectors.

it costs anywhere from $50-100 to get it programmed, depending on who does it, and whether or not you get it dynotuned.

with NO other modifications, maybe 5-7 hp. If you have intake & exhaust mods maybe 12, more if you have a cam.

But you'll have to use 91+ octane while you have it in. if you want to run 87, you'll have to remove the chip, which is kind of a pain, but no big deal . ..

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
what would be better the underdrive pulleys or the chip? Wich one would I feel more?:laughlitt

·
Registered
11,433 Posts
NEWBE17 said:
what would be better the underdrive pulleys or the chip? Wich one would I feel more?:laughlitt
UD pulleys

They pay for themselves in accessory life and mpg, + you can run 87 octane, saving you money for the chip later. 87 octane alone will save you $300 over the course of a year.

you're not going to feel 5-7 hp, in any case, but you will feel better passing on the highway.

·
Registered
4 Posts
a timing adjuster would be an option too. you can get that and sell it when you get your chip down the road. You can also look into some used springs. No hp there, but the looks and handling of your car will improve.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.