Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For some reason I had an Eagle Talon....( Rice Looking ) Almost Beat me. But in the end My Stang Came Threw with the Win.

Becker..:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
My friend's WS6 trans am with heads/cam, 4:10 gears and minor bolt ons ran with me, but by the end of the race i had him by almost 2 car lengths. Good race tho. Yeah watch out for those talons.

·
Registered
179 Posts
since i bought my 02 a few weeks ago i get more people wanting to race than i had in a year with my dakota. had a rice burner pull next to me friday , i knew it was on but i let him take the first shot anyway, he launched ahead half a car, i mashed it and we went side by side till i went into third and started walking away. dont know what he had. might of been a honda or something simmilar. it was all tricked out and way too loud, lol.

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
My friend's WS6 trans am with heads/cam, 4:10 gears and minor bolt ons ran with me, but by the end of the race i had him by almost 2 car lengths. Good race tho. Yeah watch out for those talons.
What do you run in the 1/4?

·
Registered
248 Posts
for some reason? Eagle talons are pretty fast cars, I know my old 93 I had would take my dad's 306ci 83 Capri from a roll.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I had a 2004 or 2005 Silverado SS beat me on launch. When I was doing close to 60 MPH, he looked back and laughed at me. When I passed him up at around 80 MPH, I looked over and he wasn't laughing anymore. I shut it down at about 120, and he did the typical flyby.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I had a little toyota MR2 hang with me. I know he had work, but not sure what. Raced him twice, both very short. 1st from a 30 roll i walked him, but the second was froma 50 roll and i forgot to turn my o/d off and he was right with me...quick little car (this was before the 3.73's)

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
I havent had it on the track yet. Im waiting to get my clutch/flywheel setup before i go.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
must isnt your car a v6? by the look of the bumper.. yes.. talons are cake.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Talons are cake? as in? I know non-turbo ones are piss slow, but turbo ones will give a gt a run for its money.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I am sure that FM2K GT could "cake walk" a turbo Talon with his Stang!

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
yeah i was thinking the same thing. theres a guy around my town with a 95 tsi turns out we met on the wrong terms because i was hitting on his girlfriend :( and he got mad so im like let our cars do the talking. i knew what he was driving because i seen him around at stores and things but i never knew that he was going out with this girl.. soo anyways hes like fine, he follows me back to my house and i open the garage start my car up and he's like damn.. nevermind and he just takes off and leaves

·
Registered
248 Posts
I'm not talking about FM2K's GT in general, I am saying that a Eagle Talon TSI can give a stock mustang GT, or equally modified mustang, a run for it's money, of course the mustang will win from a stop because of the difference in torque, but from a roll, it may be another story. A v6 would stand no chance unless it is a s197, and is modified more than the Talon/DSM.

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
il run my buddies 5.0 against this kids. it's boosted i'll enjoy seeing the outcome.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Mabey it will win, I know we raced a stock 5.0 in my cousin's bone stock 91 Mitsubishi Galant vr4(exact same drivetrain as 6bolt 1g dsms) and we walked the mustang pretty badly. Guy even come by our house the next day to see what the deal was with the Galant. And like I said, my 93 Talon I had was stock with 3"DP and 2.5" exhaust, MBC at 16psi, and I ran my dad's capri on the highway he had 306 with machined(ported to match gaskets, and polished)66 heads, bcam, converted to roller, shorty headers, off road h-pipe, 2 chambers with turndowns, 3.73s we raced from about a 60 roll, by around 100 I had him by a fender, when we shut it down. It was a close race, when I would shift he would pull, but then after boost lag was gone, I would pull on him pretty hard. Take some run down dsm that is stock or low boost and put it up against a mustang from a stand still, the talon will get walked.

Watch these videos, they help to understand what I am saying. Both videos are of the same cars.

YouTube - Talon TSi vs. Fox Body GT 5.0

YouTube - Talon TSi vs. Fox Body GT 5.0 round 2

·
Registered
20 Posts
None Have Came Close.

·
Registered
248 Posts
None Have Came Close to what?

·
Registered
137 Posts
when i was stock i had a Trail Blazer SS almost beat me from a 50 mph roll.........i have had a few trucks almost beat me (highly modded)....and many, MANY cars have beat me at the drag strip......raced a few cameros, an LS1 will usually beat me, but i love smoking ole' LT1 cars......i have only beat a few stock LS1 cars.

·
Registered
20 Posts
1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.