Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

My Holley Street Avenger carb (the 2nd one!) is dying fast. What carb do you feel would be best for a 1985 5.0 roller cam motor with a T-5 and the 2.73 rear end? With gas prices the way they are, I am willing to sacrifice a little performance for economy.

85 Mercury Capri

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
What's wrong with it? I've had my 670cfm Street Avenger for a little more than a year now with no problems. All I had to do was change out the power valve for one that opened a little sooner to get rid of a stumble I had.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Go with an edelbrock 1405 600 cfm that is for fuel economy...VS the 1406 600 cfm...that has bigger jets and runs richer....vs the 1405 which runs leaner....

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
Stock size is 585 so I'd say 600 at the most for a stock engine.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
My 650 thunder series edelbrock works awesome no problems at all....I dont think im over carbed...It is completey stock right now...The only thing i have done is a K&N air filter and bumped the timing up a whole lot....lol but if your going to stay stock and want better gas mileage i agree with eveyone else stay with a 600 cfm..The only reason i went with a 650 is furture mods....:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.