Ford Mustang Forum banner

What Color Calipers??

10K views 36 replies 18 participants last post by  Taylorek 
#1 ·
I have a 2012 Black on Black Mustang and need help choosing a color to paint the calipers. I was thinking red.. But then again everyone has red! So anyone got any suggestions?, Maybe pictures of white, green or maybe even yellow. Something out of the norm, Please!!

#2 ·
Did you consider a bright blue?

#4 ·
When you get a chance take a pic or two of your rims and/or side of your car, I'll photoshop something up for you :bigthumbsup

#5 ·
white ='s first time you hit the brakes...they will be covered in brake dust so if your OCD like I am...stick with "the norm" how about POLISHING them thats outside the norm

#6 ·
If you have stripes on the car, or you will be putting stripes on the car, paint the calipers to match.

I think that an all black Mustang needs a small splash of color to set it off.

#10 ·
I'm gonna paint mine red at some point. Black might not look bad either but pretty plain. .

#11 ·
Black and blue looks good. I agree with the other guy who said that and was the first color I thought of also. Now which shade of medium blue...

#17 ·
I went with the "everybody has Red" red calipers.

#20 ·
how many miles? what type of weather?

There will always be exceptions I am sure. I see a dozen sets of painted calipers a week if not more. Almost all are all cracked, chipped, faded, etc. Next time you see painted calipers on a vehicle that gets driven a lot stop and really look at them.

#34 ·
7000 miles on it since I've painted it. Rain, snow, mud, even have to go through floods when it rains at work. You name it, my cars been in it. It's a DD so it gets driven every day none stop. No chips, cracks or faded at all. I used G2 paint as posted above, you get what you pay for. Those you've seen were probably cheap paint jobs.

Edit: And my dad painted his calipers on his subaru silver about 70,000 miles ago and that car sees really bad weather. Still no problems with his either.

#22 ·
I've been throwing around blue, black, silver, matte black, and orange.

#23 ·
If you're gonna paint, use G2 caliper paint and not the cheap sprays.

G2 is epoxy based and cures to the caliper and will last forever.

#24 ·
It's a quality kit, for sure. Comes with everything you need, including spray on cleaner.

#26 ·
#31 ·
Everybody loves these, then! Duplicolor and aftermarket vinyl decals

#35 ·
Yeah same here. Either red or black. Black just almost seems like a waste of time and red would be bright. I'll prob end up doing red.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.