Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's my dilemma.

I have a 2009 Mustang GT, Performance White with Black interior and dark tinted windows, and I'd like Lemans style(The ones that go bumper to bumper) racing stripes but I can't decide if I want to go with the classic Shelby Blue stripes or with the Black or flat black stripes. What do you guys think would look the best?

On a different note what other aesthetic upgrades are out there? I just want it to look meaner, it looks mean now but I'd like it to look meatier, meaner and just give you more of the impression of Muscle when you look at my car.

Any and all responses will be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
858 Posts
Blue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
562 Posts
I think ford has a really nice white. And for stripes I am partial to black on white. As far as other appearance mods. I don't know what you have now but you should check out some window and door scoops. Get some that match though. I never took into consideration when i got my window louvers that I might want door scoops later.
You could get a ram air hood. Maybe an entire body kit. Lowering the car always helps appearance too.

U

·
0 Posts
I would go black as well.

I think a staggered wheel setup, like 18x9s up front & 18x10s in the rear, is a pretty easy way to make the car look meatier, meaner and more muscular. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
787 Posts
Whatever color you choose axman, please consider tapering the bottom of the stripes on the rear bumper. I believe that is how the old gts were painted. I'd go with gloss black myself.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I love the Shelby Blue look on a white stang. you could throw some blue accents in the interior (headrest wrap, seat insert ..) to keep the whole thing flowing. also a hood scoop and chin spoiler will give you that mean look your asking for :bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It has a hood scoop. I'd have to look at the chin spoiler, I used to love those on the Mach I's.

Which brings up another question what is the best chin spoiler, or where is the best place to find chin spoilers?

·
Registered
787 Posts
It has a hood scoop. I'd have to look at the chin spoiler, I used to love those on the Mach I's.

Which brings up another question what is the best chin spoiler, or where is the best place to find chin spoilers?
You can get the GT 500 spoiler at a ford dealership for <100 bucks. Paint it for around 150 and you got a great look for around the price of an aftemarket one. Here is mine...

Attachments

·
Registered
146 Posts
Satin black would look good. Also silver or gunmetal grey looks good on white.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Black stripes on a White Mustang w/the windows tinted looks :bigthumbsup:bigthumbsup Makes me wish I got a white Mustang!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
After careful consideration and taking into account the suggestions here I think I am going to do the following to my Stang:

Exterior:
Black Chin Spoiler.
Black Lemans Style Racing Stripes.
Black rear (quarter) window Flush louvers.
Have the rear spoiler painted black.
Put in a black Billet Fuel Door.
Black Hood Pins.

I am also thinking of adding the rear Blackout Kit. Do you think this would look good with the above mentioned mods?
Do you think adding blackened wheels would be going to far?

If I get all of that done I think I may need some white accents on the interior, but not sure if I want to mess with the interior as it is completely gorgeous the way it is.

What do you think of my suggested mods?

U

·
0 Posts
I really like the list of mods you put together. You have a very sweet vision, and I'm sure it will look incredible when you complete it.

My only suggestions (based purely on my own taste) - I would probably do the flush louvers in white, though black could look pretty good. I'd want to see a picture first. I would not do a rear blackout panel with racing stripes; I don't think it looks as good, and is a rather unneeded separation/breakup of the flow of the stripes - But that's just me.

Black wheels would really set it off! I don't think that would be going too far, at all.

BTW - GO ahead and order two black fuel doors and two black hood pin kits, and have one of each sent my way. :gringreen ;)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I have rethought the rear blackout kit.
I don't think it would go with the stripes.
But I think the rest will look awesome!

·
Registered
12,666 Posts
What rims do you want?

Black rims=black stripes
chrome rims=blue stripes

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I haven't decided yet, there are the chrome then the gray then the black, I may go with the black or I may go gray.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.