• Chrome

Votes: 15 31.9%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Its time to dress up the valve covers. What should I go with, red, black, ford blue, or chrome? Heres a pic of the engine compartment now, I'll be adding polished billet fluid caps soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
41,829 Posts
I think red would look pretty good.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I would say red but since it probably wont be a perfect color match to your paint I say get the polished. I have a Torch Red Stang also. I was gonna get Steeda red covers but decided to go with either wrinkle black to match the Saleen blower or polished to match the UPR polished caps I have.
Nice Paxton blower!!!

·
Registered
590 Posts
You can go either way, red, chrome or polish. But if you want to color match the paint, then epoxy coating is the best way. With epoxy coating you don't have to remove any rubber or plastic parts because the items are not heated up like the have to do with powder coating. Plus there is a shop here in San Diego that has one valve cover set of 50-06 and 07-08 valve covers in stock just for epoxy coating. You simply call them with the color codes of your paint, put a deposit for the core and they epoxy coat the covers in stock and send them off to you. When you remove yours you ship them to Hardkore Metal Finishing and your core deposit is returned. The cost will be around $120 plus $15 color matching ( Candy and pearls add $10ea). In the picctures you can see they also did my CAI tube.

Ed

Attachments

·
Registered
2,437 Posts
I say red......you have plenty of chrome in there already. Red would be the perfect choice with your exterior and give it some contrast under the hood. And red would look great with the chrome appointments that are already under the hood.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mine is very sinmilar to yours and I did the Red from Steeda...looks great!
Have you got any pics of the engine compartment? Maybe this will help me decide. I'm leaning toward the chrome but I hate throwing $400 down on a set of valve covers.

·
Registered
3,317 Posts
I say go with black. That will make your eye draw toward your other underhood mods while cleaning up the valve covers at the same time.

·
Registered
858 Posts
I would say Red but if the color is a lil off, it wont look so good. I have red covers and a red strut bar and they do NOT match, im not happy with the color clash.

I voted Chrome because you have a polished blower and it would just blind people in the sun when you lif the hood, you cant go wrong with chrome.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I voted black, but could have just as easily voted chrome. :winks

·
Registered
383 Posts
Actually, put on what ever color you really want to. That's what makes this so much fun. I just got some Black Chrome ones and love them.
Man, these are freaking gorgeous! Where did you get them and can you get them without the Roush logo?

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Forgot to post what I went with, decided to go with a chrome/red look.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts