Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mines been sticking the past 2 or 3 days, kinda weird like the car will turn over by itself for a good 4 or 5 seconds

·
Registered
158 Posts
You know my car has done that on random days. Like I will be good for about 2 weeks then it will do it once. Then be fine for awhile then did it again. But I have about 2000 miles now and it hasn't done it yet. KNOCK ON WOOD. wondering if anyone knows about this as well and if there is something i should do .

·
Registered
158 Posts
plum can we get a page number at least? :/

·
Registered
219 Posts
Page 201

15characters

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
its normal. Don't want that to happen? Then turn the fuel pump on first meaning turn the key to get the gauges to activate, once the tach needle goes all the way over and back then start the car.

·
Registered
942 Posts
another form of etiquette, forum or otherwise;

being polite

·
Registered
942 Posts
ha!...possibly

anything worth having is...phkthat...waiting suks

I'm hear to tell you though, the car is worth it

·
Registered
549 Posts
On occasion my car would take a good 2-5 seconds to turn over. It never sounded right when it did that. I always turn the key and wait a couple of seconds before starting. I'm also aware of the 'one turn of the key' starter that the Mustang has. Not sure if this is what the OP was talking about?

There is a TSB 11-3-32 for the 5.0L built on or before 8/16/2010 which requires a recalibration of the PCM for a variety of issues, including "... an intermittent hard start/long crank time up to (2) seconds, ...". I haven't had any long turn over time since I got re-calibrated at the dealership; but who knows.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Yes I know about the waiting period to let the gauges sweep and then start it. I just don't get in and quickly turn the key.

Plus I think it looks cool when it does the sweeping thing and people think that too when they see it happen.

If it does it more often i will take it in.

J

·
0 Posts
another form of etiquette, forum or otherwise;

being polite
I agree.
I think the polite thing would have been to show some respect a member who answered your question instead of rudely demanding that he supply a page number because you're too lazy to get it yourself. Don't expect others to jump and answer your question without making any effort to find the answer yourself, especially when it's something so easy to find.

Reading the owners manual should be the first thing you do as a responsible owner. If you can't find the answer there try using the forum's search feature. If that doesn't get you what you need THEN feel free to post up and ask your question. We don't get paid to be here or to answer your questions so if you're not willing to make any effort to be self-reliant then why should we help you?

Amen Brother! Maybe being an asshat is easier for those with no etiquette.
Apparently it's easier than opening your owners manual.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Mine did that once when i had about 500 miles on her.then i just turn the key wait till all the gauges set. start car and it has never happened since,i now am about to turn 3000 miles.they have been all fun miles.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I've had my car for over a year now and had the "sticky starter" happen to me twice just in the past few weeks. It never occurred to me to I needed to pause before cranking or even to RTFM on starting the car. Thanks for posting this tip and the page link. Looks like I've just been in a hurry to get my car started.

:bigthumbsup

1 - 13 of 13 Posts